Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
What Do I Do With This 2008 F450? >

What Do I Do With This 2008 F450?

Notices

What Do I Do With This 2008 F450?

Old 06-22-2009, 08:50 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry What Do I Do With This 2008 F450?

After having a great time at the 2009 Seneca Lake Pirates Run I spent the majority of my Fathers Day waiting on tow trucks (again), ruining friends fathers day by having to come with their truck to retrieve my boat, and another friends birthday dinner so I can store the boat at his house for the poker run on the Sacandaga next weekend. I don't know what to do about this truck. I have lost all confidence in using it to move the boat or using it for work delivering cars. If I had to drive cross country I would jump in our work beater, a 250,000 mile 01 Civic before this 60K 2008 Ford Suoerduty.

So here is the problem.... This truck is now going on radiator number four!!!! The truck has also been in the shop numerous times for EGR problems/replacement. The only reason I bought this truck is because my 2006 6.0 Superduty left me stranded twice for injector issues. I didn't want problems on the side of the road with my two young kids and a boat with a 10/9 beam. I am beside myself and I guess I am looking for some advice on how to get Ford to help me out of this obvious lemon. When I was working on radiator number three I started working with customer relations about getting out of this truck. While they were working on the truck the conversation was looking as if they were going to do something, once the truck had the new radiator installed the conversation was that they fixed it(again) and that is all they are going to do. At the time I was hot and started throwing out the lawyer threats and threats of blowing them up on every truck forum I can find. Their response... "Do what ever you want, but we have fixed it and thats all we are going to do". So once my anger resided I did nothing because it just seemed like a waste of time and energy on my part. I have heard numerous stories about people getting these trucks replaced by Ford. How do you get it done???? I really can't take this truck any longer. I told Ford that I'm not looking for a free truck. I put a value on the use I have gotten out of it, but I'm not willing to do a 20K price diffrence because of the current wholesale value. Any advice from the Ford dealers on here would be greatly appreciated or advice from anyone who has been successfull in getting factory assistance. Thanks in advance!!!
Attached Thumbnails What Do I Do With This 2008 F450?-pict0783.jpg   What Do I Do With This 2008 F450?-pict0784.jpg   What Do I Do With This 2008 F450?-pict0785.jpg  

Old 06-22-2009, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I believe NY has a Lemon Law, contact an attorney who handles such issues. Essentially you want to get rid of this truck. It sounds like it may have a defect such as a mis-aligned radiator supports or something similar. If it is just bad radiators an aftermarket one may be the way to go after all else fails.

Wannabe
Old 06-22-2009, 09:45 AM
Registered

Yup. Most lemon laws are associated around a given time frame, i.e. truck was in the shop X amount of times in a said period and the dealer was unable to satisfy concern. Believe it or not, most state's lemon laws are pretty fair in favor of the consumer. I believe this truck is still under warranty, no? If it is, that's a good thing too when having a lemon case.

Good luck.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:19 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by BowenCT
Yup. Most lemon laws are associated around a given time frame, i.e. truck was in the shop X amount of times in a said period and the dealer was unable to satisfy concern. Believe it or not, most state's lemon laws are pretty fair in favor of the consumer. I believe this truck is still under warranty, no? If it is, that's a good thing too when having a lemon case.

Good luck.

Chuck..I would go this route also...
Old 06-22-2009, 12:16 PM
Registered

Chuck I feel your pain. I'm in a very similiar situation(although not as bad as yours). Purchased a 450 w/ 30K miles in late April and have been broke down on the side of the road twice and have had it in the shop 4 times in 60 days. EGR Valve, Radiator, Exhaust Sensor/Glow Plug Harness, the list goes on and on...Keep us updated on your progress/situation.
Duke
Old 06-22-2009, 01:09 PM
Registered

alot of guys do EGR delets...it solves alot of problems..but I think it totally voids the warranty...goodluck
Old 06-22-2009, 01:45 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Chuck,

That's my problem as well, injectors, wiring harness (engine), EGR 3 times. I love the Ford had them since 1983 the very first 6.9's BUT I think everyone is right time to go Chevy!!!

My Chevy dealer puts the right numbers on it and it's gone - the Ford dealers are rather cold saying "don't really want the liability of your trade, why don't you go to CarMax and let them buy it"

what to do?????
Old 06-22-2009, 02:18 PM
Registered

your dealer has a parts and service rep that works for Ford, only he can facilitate a buyback, the dealer will not figure the trade in, ford will agree to a figure based on mileage and you buying a new ford truck, if it is financed you may do collateral swap and pay cash for the difference or get a whole new note, if no balance then you just pay the difference... the dealer should give you "a,z,d" plan pricing on the new one i dont know which they are doing now a days. whatever figure ford gives you on trade will probably be much higher than wholesale. You will have to have the dealer make the parts and service rep contact for you, be nice to them, like we used to say, dont yell at me Sir my car runs just fine explain to them you think there is just no fixing this truck and that you want a new ford, i would also provide proof of how many Fords you have owned in the past and ALL of your maintence records on the truck.... best of luck to you, save your lawyer money if you can, use that as a last resort, he is only gonna get you the same deal....
Old 06-22-2009, 04:05 PM
Registered

ford f-450 sucks

i have had my f450 08 in the shop 15 times and it has been sitting at sawgrass ford engine dismantled since october and making payments ford is garbage their customer service is garbage their factory reps are garbage i have an attorney that just filed a lawsuit with them after 3 engines and 2 radiators and 1 transmission if you want to get the name of my attorney call me BIG AL 786-301-3767 EVERY ONE I KNOW WITH A F450 HAS HAD NUMEROUS ENGINE REPLACEMENTS MAYBE WE COULD DO A CLASS ACTION SUIT AND BE INCLUDED WITH MY LAWSUIT YOU ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE DEALING WITH FORD BELEIVE ME THEY WILL JUST JERK YOU AROUND I WENT TO CHEVY AND GMC NO PROBLEMS WITH MY TOPKICK 5500 SEE MY WEBSITE TEAMBIGALS.COM

Last edited by al cerda; 06-22-2009 at 08:40 PM.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:41 PM
Registered

I had Ford buy a truck back from me through the lemon law process with an 2003 F350 6.0 powerstroke. This is the way to go.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.