Notices

brakerite e o h question

Old 11-04-2009, 07:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 29scarab10
if you have both numbers maxed out, that is the problem. One number is the delay side and the higher the number the longer the delay. On mine the left knob is the delay. try turning one of the knobs back the other way and see if it helps.
Allen
Thanks, tried that already. I have it maxed at quickest time,no delay. if I go the other way its about the same or worse.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:44 PM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

brakerite makes a module that connects to the brakerite system that will adapt to controllers set up for elec brakes. other articles here and sos on the issue. call myco trailers they have them is stock. 79 bucks
Old 11-04-2009, 08:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bill63
brakerite makes a module that connects to the brakerite system that will adapt to controllers set up for elec brakes. other articles here and sos on the issue. call myco trailers they have them is stock. 79 bucks
So your saying the voyager is not eoh compatable?
Old 11-04-2009, 09:32 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not all controllers are EoH compatible. The Tenkosha Prodigy is. Many others are electric brake only.

Another thing I've seen a number of times is incorrect wiring. The controller still works, but improperly. You have two wires- one for the pump and one for the dump valve. The first is full 12v when the brake is applied. The second is the variable output voltage. This controls the bypass valve. At light braking most of the pump's output is dumped back to the reservoir. The more the braking, the higher the voltage and the less fluid that's allowed to bypass. If youget these two crossed, you get full hydraulic- no bypass. But you get variable voltage to the pump. Not good.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:44 PM
Registered

Chris,
its wired correctly. its been used for 6 or so years with diff. electric trailers and has worked flawlessly. thanks
Old 11-04-2009, 10:25 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

It is true that all controllers are not EOH compatable. It looks like neither the Voyager nor the Prodigy are designed to work with EOH.

Here is a link to the Voyager instructuctions

http://www.tekonsha.com/product/pdf/N9030.pdf
9. This control specfically designed for use with
electric trailer brakes.

Here is a link to the Prodigy instructions

http://www.tekonsha.com/product/pdf/N90185.pdf
9. CAUTION This control is not designed for use
with electric-hydraulic trailer brake systems.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:50 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tcuda499
So your saying the voyager is not eoh compatable?
That's the controller my truck had when I installed the EOH unit. Does not work with EOH. I think that unit uses a pendulum for feedback. I'd get it 1/2 way set for the highway speeds, then it'd be all screwed up at city speeds. It either was super touchy, or it lacked any stopping power. It also caused my trailer brakes to drag and get hot. That is an inexpensive unit that works ok for electric brakes, just not EOH. Better off tossing it and buying a controller made for EOH.

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 11-04-2009 at 10:53 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:36 PM
Registered

All right than. I will toss the controller and get something else. I know theres a ton of info here on oso about the best controller and have read many of them. It seems the maxbrake is a good one but what would be next to that?Will the maxbrake work with the GMC electric hydrolic booster in the daramax ?
Old 11-06-2009, 05:10 PM
Registered

Now I'm really confused???? just really looked at the maxbrake and maybey I'm reading it wronge but looks like to me """Hydrolic/Air OVER Electric """"" its not for electric to hydrolic. It states that the controller can detect magnets(electric brakes solinionds) And adjust the power to how many "magnets " it sees. or even diag if the amps are down the trailer may have a bad/shorted magnet. It states "for electric brakes".Are ther more than one model?
Old 11-06-2009, 05:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tcuda499
Now I'm really confused???? just really looked at the maxbrake and maybey I'm reading it wronge but looks like to me """Hydrolic/Air OVER Electric """"" its not for electric to hydrolic. It states that the controller can detect magnets(electric brakes solinionds) And adjust the power to how many "magnets " it sees. or even diag if the amps are down the trailer may have a bad/shorted magnet. It states "for electric brakes".Are ther more than one model?
NEVER MIND Just relooked at add and it does state electric brakes OR electric over hydrolic trailers.
I'm gonna order one . hopefully this will take care of my brake issues.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.