Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Anybody Have Any Pics Of Trailer Washdown Water Holding Tank ? >

Anybody Have Any Pics Of Trailer Washdown Water Holding Tank ?

Notices

Anybody Have Any Pics Of Trailer Washdown Water Holding Tank ?

Old 01-12-2010, 07:55 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hot Duck View Post
I had wash down tanks on the trailer under my old Apache. They worked really well, but the best part was not having to search for a hose or wait in line to use a hose after an event.

The Apache is gone, but I now have a water tank in the bed of the truck to serve the same purpose. I used a 50 gallon in bed fuel tank, added a demand pump and fittings to make it work. It doesn't have nearly the capacity of the dual tanks that were under the Apache, but it still works well.

I'll post pictures of both setups below.
DUCK very trick set ups and nice job , lookin for a trailer frame set up just like ya'll did .
Old 01-13-2010, 10:03 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hot Duck View Post
If I remember correctly they were 50 gallons per side. The tanks were plumbed together through one pump, but we had a hose outlet (connection) on both sides of the trailer.
Just wondering if 50 gals seems to be enough. Not sure how much it takes to flush the motors.
ALso did it help the ride of 450, mine seems to ride better with some wt. back there.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:43 PM
Lynch Mob Racing
Platinum Member

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by activatorf1 View Post
Thanks , and that pump must have got soaked or did you crane the boat off ?

Larry
The trailer never got dunked. I kept the boat on a dry rack at the marina each summer and they put it in and out of the water with the fork lift. We had to use the travel lift to put it on and off of the trailer when needed though.

Originally Posted by yeller gambler View Post
DUCK very trick set ups and nice job , lookin for a trailer frame set up just like ya'll did .
The tanks on that trailer we built by Myco when they built the trailer, but I imagine that any fabrication shop could make them. As mentioned by somebody in an earlier post, just be careful where you put the tanks to be sure that you don't throw off the weight distribution on the trailer.

Originally Posted by 44MTI View Post
Just wondering if 50 gals seems to be enough. Not sure how much it takes to flush the motors.
ALso did it help the ride of 450, mine seems to ride better with some wt. back there.
I would like to have more, but it will do the job if you use it sparingly. I was limited on the tank size in the bed of the truck because of the roll top cover. Due to the limited amount of water, this current setup is really only used when we are out of town somewhere and there is not a hose available.

The weight of the water does make the truck ride better and between that and the extra fuel on board, it actually rides really well.

Last edited by Hot Duck; 01-13-2010 at 04:52 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:54 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=Hot Duck;3023242]The tanks on that trailer we built by Myco when they built the trailer, but I imagine that any fabrication shop could make them. As mentioned by somebody in an earlier post, just be careful where you put the tanks to be sure that you don't throw off the weight distribution on the trailer.

Thanks Hot Duck very good point ,i'll take some measurements and make a few calls.Catch ya for drinks at the nawty goose
Old 01-13-2010, 05:00 PM
Registered

Thanks , I'm in process of making 75 " x 31 " x 8 " tall tapering to 6.5 inch 24 inches on each side for chine clearance . 90% of the 1/8 alum will be bent with bend deductions in brake and the top will be Diamond plate then welded to sides . 60 psi -4.5 GPM pump will be mounted in front under steps ( we tested this theory , i was worried about draw but it worked perfect ). Tank will be Epoxy primed then painted same color after trailer gets back from Galvanizing

Larry
Old 11-02-2021, 02:18 PM
Registered

Received 27 Likes on 8 Posts

Bumping this back up. Looking into doing something like this more a new to me boat going into salt.
I am looking at tanks from Tractor supply. Already have a nice washdown pump.

Just a heads up but adding a little vinegar to your rinse tank really helps cut the salt. You can use something like an adjustable garden fertilizer sprayer to add a little vinegar.
Old 11-15-2021, 07:44 PM
Registered

I’ve been using a “Miracle Grow” garden sprayer with both vinegar and Dawn dish soap for salt water flushing for years…. The sprayer had the correct inlet and outlet threads, most don’t.