Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Anybody Have Any Pics Of Trailer Washdown Water Holding Tank ? >

Anybody Have Any Pics Of Trailer Washdown Water Holding Tank ?

Notices

Anybody Have Any Pics Of Trailer Washdown Water Holding Tank ?

Old 12-06-2009, 06:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody Have Any Pics Of Trailer Washdown Water Holding Tank ?

I'm about to have my 32 Skater trailer Galvanized here in NJ and then I will scuff it then paint it , I have done this many times before without issue , they key is scuff and Varaprime then Polyurethane.
But before get it dipped I'm swapping in three Torsion axles and want to intall Polyethylene water holding tank with pump to wash boat at ramp and run engines at ramp to flush . has anybody installed washdown tank and if so have any pics ?
Old 12-06-2009, 07:07 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 76 Likes on 38 Posts

I built a setup in the back of my truck to do this.......Was given 2 30 gal. drums and a 5.7gpm on demand water pump (like RV's and my water system uses) so my cost was some hoses, wires and a few 2x4's. Mounted the drums on there sides in a 2x4 frame with a pick up in the bottom and a fill at the top of each one. Ran a "T" to the pump so I could pull from one or both tanks. Wired a 7-way round plug to the power supply to plug in under the bumper......short hose to clear to the back of the truck fixed to the pump output. Simply hookup a 50 ft hose to wash down and/or flush the boat when needed.

I'll get pics when it's light and above freezing!
Old 12-06-2009, 07:32 PM
Registered

Exactly what I want to do but install 65 poly tank in tunnel and already have battery on trailer for electric screw jack . I'm also going to use this system to flush engines
Old 12-25-2009, 12:03 PM
Registered

My trailer had the old swing style drive guard which I cut off to install new fixed style which has not been done yet also trailer is getting shipped out for hot dip galvanizing then back to my shop to get scuffed , primed then painted . I have done this process 3 times before with zero issues.

Here is a pic of 65 gallon wash down tank , it is going to be mounted in tunnel . Also in process of removing all axles and installing new torsion axles , the middle axle is in mock up stage
Attached Thumbnails Anybody Have Any Pics Of Trailer Washdown Water Holding Tank ?-dscn2827.jpg   Anybody Have Any Pics Of Trailer Washdown Water Holding Tank ?-dscn2826.jpg   Anybody Have Any Pics Of Trailer Washdown Water Holding Tank ?-dscn2834.jpg  

Anybody Have Any Pics Of Trailer Washdown Water Holding Tank ?-dscn2645.jpg   Anybody Have Any Pics Of Trailer Washdown Water Holding Tank ?-dscn2835.jpg  
Old 12-25-2009, 10:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would like to do a washdown tank also on my new trailer, got to be a whole lot easier to keep the boat clean with! Activatorf1, where did you get those rims from and are they available in 16" 8 lug? Steve
Old 12-25-2009, 10:37 PM
Registered

I just bought 6-15" on Ebay with true stainless lugs and center for 540 to my door . I 'm not sure on your size but will post link

Boy have times changed , there was a day when the American racing outlaw rim ruled

ecustomhitch, tell him Larry sent you and want the same treatment . What I'm trying to say is I'm super fussy and insisted they be blemish free , guess what , they were perfect .

Last edited by activatorf1; 12-25-2009 at 10:44 PM.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:13 AM
Registered

I HAVE THE SYSTEM YOU ARE ASKING ABOUT ON MY SKATER
TRAILER WITH THE CORRECT PUMP TO WASH OUT THE MOTOR. FEEL FREE TO E-MAIL ME AT [email protected] FOR THIS INFORMATION IT WORKS VERY WELL

Last edited by TJAMOTORSPORTS; 12-26-2009 at 12:29 PM.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:40 AM
Registered

Thanks , how about some pics ? Also how many GPM pump do you have ?
Old 12-26-2009, 11:49 AM
Registered

Just curious if you considered where you have your tank placed and how much more weight it is going to add to the front of the trailer? With it all the way to the front like that seems like it would add alot of tongue weight. When that thing is full or water its going to weigh a little over 500 lbs.
Old 12-26-2009, 12:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by c_deezy View Post
Just curious if you considered where you have your tank placed and how much more weight it is going to add to the front of the trailer? With it all the way to the front like that seems like it would add alot of tongue weight. When that thing is full or water its going to weigh a little over 500 lbs.
I was thinking the same exact thing ,but i guess depending on the truck another 500 may not matter .very cool idea post more pics ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.