Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Trucks, Trailers and Transportation (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/trucks-trailers-transportation-159/)
-   -   Scamming (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/trucks-trailers-transportation/228683-scamming.html)

apppedigree 04-19-2010 11:08 AM

Scamming

What is up with people.

I have been talking with this girl for a few days about a truck she has and she says that she was divorced and has this truck she doesnt want and needs money for debt incurred.

Then I get this email about ebay and she is going to ship me the truck and Ill have 5 days to inspect and then send money and if I dont want it she will pay to ship it back. Hell its just 4 hrs away in VA.

What is the world coming to?

I had some discussions with eBay and they told me that they can help me and you to finalize this transaction fast and safe. I want to tell you that we will use eBay in this transaction in order for both of us to be 100% protected and insured by them. eBay will supervise this transaction so there won`t be any problems. They will take care of the shipping and all the small details. You will get the truck and you will have 5 days of inspection in which you can decide if you buy the truck or not. If you won`t like my truck (not your case) you notify eBay and you send the truck back on my cost,if you want to keep it you announce eBay to send me the money (payment method and all the details will be set up by eBay) and you keep the truck.

eBay will send you an invoice at your email in which you will see how to start this transaction and in which you can see that this transaction is legit. Please get back to me with your full name and full address so i can forward your details to eBay in order for you to receive the invoice.

throttleup 04-19-2010 11:23 AM

I have come to the conclusion that craigslist, is 80% scammers.

Julie

endeavor1 04-19-2010 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by apppedigree (Post 3090742)
What is up with people.

I have been talking with this girl for a few days about a truck she has and she says that she was divorced and has this truck she doesnt want and needs money for debt incurred.

Then I get this email about ebay and she is going to ship me the truck and Ill have 5 days to inspect and then send money and if I dont want it she will pay to ship it back. Hell its just 4 hrs away in VA.

What is the world coming to?

I had some discussions with eBay and they told me that they can help me and you to finalize this transaction fast and safe. I want to tell you that we will use eBay in this transaction in order for both of us to be 100% protected and insured by them. eBay will supervise this transaction so there won`t be any problems. They will take care of the shipping and all the small details. You will get the truck and you will have 5 days of inspection in which you can decide if you buy the truck or not. If you won`t like my truck (not your case) you notify eBay and you send the truck back on my cost,if you want to keep it you announce eBay to send me the money (payment method and all the details will be set up by eBay) and you keep the truck.

eBay will send you an invoice at your email in which you will see how to start this transaction and in which you can see that this transaction is legit. Please get back to me with your full name and full address so i can forward your details to eBay in order for you to receive the invoice.

DITTO, had the same thing happened last week. Looking at Lexus cars and found one on autotrader. He wanted to do the deal thru Ebay so i would be "Protected". Guy wouldnt let me come view it but would ship it free of charge for my inspection. All i had to do was send him the funds. UHHH PHUCK NO..:waffen093:

phragle 04-19-2010 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by throttleup (Post 3091039)

Julie

Don't forget, Craigslist has hookers too...... Cheap ugly toothless ones that you wouldn't buy for you worst enemy, but hookes none the less...

mikes280 04-19-2010 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by throttleup (Post 3091039)

Julie

i have bought 2 camera lens's off of craigslist and also a golfcart with no problems but i bought local and went to and looked at before i bought

apppedigree 04-19-2010 11:40 AM

The weird thing is that if I read this correctly...she is going to send the thing to me...give me 5 days to decide if I want it...and then I can either pay or send back on her dime.

This is so weird. Usually they ask you to pay first.

phragle 04-19-2010 11:48 AM

Maybe she's a hooker??

dookie 04-19-2010 11:49 AM

Probably , because if you give her the info she needs to send you an invoice, she can hack and use your eBay account .

apppedigree 04-19-2010 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by dookie (Post 3091064)
Probably , because if you give her the info she needs to send you an invoice, she can hack and use your eBay account .

I dont use ebay so that is out of the question. I told her to produce a title and Ill produce cash and Ill be there in 4 hrs. Ill see where it goes.

Im sure dead in the water.

Sick Stinger 04-19-2010 12:05 PM

Its just another BS scam thats all i go along with all of them and see how far i can string then. I enjoy it like a game
-Mike