Notices

Bias?

Old 07-15-2010, 07:15 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Probably had that new Ford 6.7 made in Mexico?
Old 07-15-2010, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He should have stopped by my dealer... I can fix the 6.7... havent seen any in for service yet.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:20 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fixxxer22
Ferd Ferd Ferd. Easy now guys. We all have opinions. I happen to be a verey opinionated person.... My opinion is dont let this get personal. They are all just trucks.
Sorry about that lol I was a Ford guy for years. I've had two Ford trucks blow head gaskets. One had the old 6.9 idi diesel and the other had the 4.0 V6.

I feel for scarab98 and hope that won't be a common issue with the Scorpion.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:35 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I am a Ford truck guy. Correction--an IH/Navistar guy.

I just don't think any of the big boys are doing their homework on new gear nowadays.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:29 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
I am a Ford truck guy. Correction--an IH/Navistar guy.

I just don't think any of the big boys are doing their homework on new gear nowadays.
The Powerstrokes have had more than their share of problems. Everybody thinks the 7.3 is such a great motor but I've seen at least five major problems dealt with in the diesel magazines. The 2006-7 6.0s seem to have less problems than the 04-05s but they are still better off with less than 100hp upgrades. The 6.4s are very good diesels that can make well over 500hp with very few mods, but Ford had been working on the 6.7 since before their troubles with Navistar so the 6.4 had to go.

However, given enough internal modifications, I believe the 6.4 could be as good a marine engine as the Duramax that Gale Banks has produced.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
However, given enough internal modifications, I believe the 6.4 could be as good a marine engine as the Duramax that Gale Banks has produced.
I have always wanted to see if you could put a 6.0 in a boat. all that endless cold water. you could chip the chit out of it.

any diesel for that matter from a truck would be cool in a boat. you would think you would have to turn a prop the diameter of a trashcan though with all that torque available.
Old 07-16-2010, 02:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Fixxxer22
I have always wanted to see if you could put a 6.0 in a boat. all that endless cold water. you could chip the chit out of it.

any diesel for that matter from a truck would be cool in a boat. you would think you would have to turn a prop the diameter of a trashcan though with all that torque available.
I wouldn't use a 6.0. The 6.4 PS is a better motor, and I bet Navistar has a warehouse full of them now.

The supercharged twin turbo Dmax is being used right now in a Customs boat. 800hp/900tq. I haven't heard about props yet, but it's rated to 5800rpms in a performance application.