Notices

How big of a truck do I need?

Old 09-27-2010, 11:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well its not a dooly, but it pulls the 252 like a champ. my 1500 did a good job, but this thing just does not bounce, or feal a hill.

the next boat its going to feal i am sure but should do the job. (342 hopefully)

FYI, the truck makes 593 HP, and 1005 Tq, haha cant tow like that it would **** a tranny but its pretty bad on the street. ha
Old 09-27-2010, 06:42 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

the bigger the better then youll be ready for your next boat
Old 09-28-2010, 02:59 PM
rjr
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Practicality aside, I guess it's theoretically possible to have too big a truck but I have not gotten to that point. Last weekend, at the ramp, I saw a dually pulling a Waverunner, and a Tahoe pulling a 42' Cigarette Tiger. Neither made much sense but I felt safer being on the highway with the dually / waverunner, than the guy with a Tiger on his tail.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mittens
Well its not a dooly, but it pulls the 252 like a champ. my 1500 did a good job, but this thing just does not bounce, or feal a hill.

the next boat its going to feal i am sure but should do the job. (342 hopefully)

FYI, the truck makes 593 HP, and 1005 Tq, haha cant tow like that it would **** a tranny but its pretty bad on the street. ha
You should rebuild your Allison. Even w/o towing it's only a matter of time before it blows under that much power. Don't believe the hype. Stock Allisons are not bulletproof in light duty diesels and can only handle about 100hp over stock.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rjr
Practicality aside, I guess it's theoretically possible to have too big a truck but I have not gotten to that point. Last weekend, at the ramp, I saw a dually pulling a Waverunner, and a Tahoe pulling a 42' Cigarette Tiger. Neither made much sense but I felt safer being on the highway with the dually / waverunner, than the guy with a Tiger on his tail.
The Tahoe guy is an idiot.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:50 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rjr
That Tiger is going to bite someone!
Old 09-29-2010, 06:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mittens
Bought a truck. I know its not a dooly but it pulls great! should do the job.

nice setup! Similar to mine I see.... mines a 3500 6inch Fabtech with 315's tho. Sure does ride like a **** spreader without tho boat behind it, cruises at 80 awesome. Although the 10inch alumistinger drop hitch was a tad pricey!

Old 09-29-2010, 11:03 AM
rjr
Registered

Not sure what the lift does but the trucks look big enough to tow the boats safely
Old 09-29-2010, 04:50 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

congrats on the new truck. Sounds like the Single rear wheel works good for you compared to the drw and it looks awesome! Enjoy
Old 09-30-2010, 08:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Catmando
You should rebuild your Allison. Even w/o towing it's only a matter of time before it blows under that much power. Don't believe the hype. Stock Allisons are not bulletproof in light duty diesels and can only handle about 100hp over stock.
Yea from what i have heard the alisons dont like that much power, but if you are not getting on it all the time and racing it, it does not know the difference. The part thats hard on them is a big load with lots of power, like towing, or a 3-5 gear pull. I bought it to be a truck not a hot rod, i got a C6 vette for that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.