Notices

Best Truck Ford has Built

Old 08-26-2010, 05:03 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Guys are right the 7.3 is a benchmark. The cost of the new ones is expensive, but at least it seems justified. A much better value than a Cadillac. My King Ranch has more luxury features than my parents Caddy and they cost the same. If they can stand up for the long haul we'll be good?
Old 08-26-2010, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Off the subject but I can't believe the mileage of my 09 6.4 PSD compared to my old 07 6.0 PSD! I am kicking myself for waiting so long to lose the doc/dpf but after the removal and tuning from River City Diesel i'm averaging just a shade over 20 mpg! This is with a 6" lift and 35's of course. Can't wait to see what they come up with for the 6.7! My best friend just took delivery of his 2011....only a matter of time before it sees some aftermarket tuning. BTW...my 6.4 stock was getting 12.5mpg
Old 08-26-2010, 05:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 454captiva
Off the subject but I can't believe the mileage of my 09 6.4 PSD compared to my old 07 6.0 PSD! I am kicking myself for waiting so long to lose the doc/dpf but after the removal and tuning from River City Diesel i'm averaging just a shade over 20 mpg! This is with a 6" lift and 35's of course. Can't wait to see what they come up with for the 6.7! My best friend just took delivery of his 2011....only a matter of time before it sees some aftermarket tuning. BTW...my 6.4 stock was getting 12.5mpg
i just did the dpf delete with the SCT tuner to a buddies. it will for sure make the 6.4 more reliable. its illegal but reliable. without oil growth from re-gen. that being said the 6.7 re-gens 1/17 of the time compared to a 6.4 they also have a sensor in the pan to let you know if you have oil dillousion. thee 6.7 has been pretty good to me. had one come in. it was a farmer. ck engine lamp was on. had water in the seperator cuz of his crappy tanks on his land that he is getting his dyed fuel from. i warned him that it could possibly be a problem. he shrugged and said "check this out" he is avg. 17mpg. he said with a grain wagon horse trailer. said that was the first time he unhooked the trailers (to bring it to the dealer) and the best interval i have seen on a tank of DEF is 7k miles.

I stand behind all fords and whatever they stuck in them. but this one looks like they looked at every possible angle.

and cat... sorry to say but that front raked grille on the new dodges looks like poo. dodge should just come out and admit thath they have been trying to look like 3 model year older fords since the beginning of them. hahahahhhaha
Old 08-26-2010, 06:11 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and cat... sorry to say but that front raked grille on the new dodges looks like poo. dodge should just come out and admit thath they have been trying to look like 3 model year older fords since the beginning of them.

Opinions are like a$$holes-everybody has one.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
and cat... sorry to say but that front raked grille on the new dodges looks like poo. dodge should just come out and admit thath they have been trying to look like 3 model year older fords since the beginning of them.

Opinions are like a$$holes-everybody has one.
hahaha gotta give you chit buddy. dodge lover!
Old 08-27-2010, 05:27 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Fixxxer22
i just did the dpf delete with the SCT tuner to a buddies. it will for sure make the 6.4 more reliable. its illegal but reliable. without oil growth from re-gen. that being said the 6.7 re-gens 1/17 of the time compared to a 6.4 they also have a sensor in the pan to let you know if you have oil dillousion. thee 6.7 has been pretty good to me. had one come in. it was a farmer. ck engine lamp was on. had water in the seperator cuz of his crappy tanks on his land that he is getting his dyed fuel from. i warned him that it could possibly be a problem. he shrugged and said "check this out" he is avg. 17mpg. he said with a grain wagon horse trailer. said that was the first time he unhooked the trailers (to bring it to the dealer) and the best interval i have seen on a tank of DEF is 7k miles.

I stand behind all fords and whatever they stuck in them. but this one looks like they looked at every possible angle.

and cat... sorry to say but that front raked grille on the new dodges looks like poo. dodge should just come out and admit thath they have been trying to look like 3 model year older fords since the beginning of them. hahahahhhaha

I use to race these diesels down the track many years ago.. yes its loads of fun, but if you have to use your truck as a daily driver I would advise against it...unless cash is not an object..watch out for blown head gaskets..too much head pressure.. 13.96 was the best I was able to do with a dooley ..tune, intake and 4" off turbo, no kitty cat, and into duals..
Old 08-27-2010, 04:24 PM
Banned

The 6.4 makes 400-500rwhp very easily but jassman is right. It needs ARP head studs and fireringed heads to keep the heads on at those power levels.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:55 PM
Registered

Received 562 Likes on 231 Posts

The new trucks are great but can they do this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU6k40iyvH4
Old 08-27-2010, 05:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tommymonza
The new trucks are great but can they do this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU6k40iyvH4
He must have had a snorkel on that tractor. I didn't see one but it must have been there...
Old 08-27-2010, 05:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
He must have had a snorkel on that tractor. I didn't see one but it must have been there...
agreed.. it was pretty dark over there... impressive video..thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.