Notices

Leather seat for Chevy truck

Old 09-02-2010, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leather seat for Chevy truck

Guys, I'm looking for a driver's seat for my '01 Suburban LT. The one in my truck is ok, but the previous owner was a big guy and the left side of the seat is flattened out. Needs to be leather and power, and tan in color. It is the same seat that they used in the '00-'06 Tahoe and Silverado LTs.

Anyone know where I can find one? I would prefer used, to save a few bucks. I've checked eBay a few times with no luck.

Thx.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Suburban seat

Hey BOWENCT, Give Josh a call he deals in seats all the time. He ships all over the country, 814-881-8010 . Thanks John M.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:54 PM
Registered

Received 883 Likes on 479 Posts

I have two being repaired right now! The local upolestry guy was at my shop this morning and pulled one out of a work truck. The springs collapsed/broke and the seat bottom had a slight (one inch) tear in the cloth. He is replacing the springs, foam and re-covering the whole bottom piece for $200. The seat bottom actually comes out with 2 bolts, the frame/rails stayed in the truck just the actual seat bottom came out.

My truck has a ripped piece of cloth. 160K miles and this is the 2nd time I have fixed it but when it is redone it looks factory perfect. My seat will be $100.

Don't buy a new one, just have it re-done. A used seat isn't going to be a whole lot better being it is almost 10 years old!
Old 09-02-2010, 10:40 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,193 Likes on 518 Posts

eBay
Old 09-02-2010, 10:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
eBay
Originally Posted by BowenCT
I've checked eBay a few times with no luck.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Don't buy a new one, just have it re-done. A used seat isn't going to be a whole lot better being it is almost 10 years old!
I will certainly look into this, thx.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:25 PM
Registered

I have two being repaired right now! The local upolestry guy was at my shop this morning and pulled one out of a work truck. The springs collapsed/broke and the seat bottom had a slight (one inch) tear in the cloth. He is replacing the springs, foam and re-covering the whole bottom piece for $200. The seat bottom actually comes out with 2 bolts, the frame/rails stayed in the truck just the actual seat bottom came out.

My truck has a ripped piece of cloth. 160K miles and this is the 2nd time I have fixed it but when it is redone it looks factory perfect. My seat will be $100.

Exactly. If the leather is still passable, all you need is a foam cushion that could come from any wrecked GMT800 truck basically. You could probably do it yourself if you got the foam. Hog rings are a *****, but doable (I think that is how the trim cover is attached).

The seat is made by Lear, I don't know if you can get the foam directly from them, or through a dealer?
Old 09-03-2010, 07:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Scott..Thats a great price.. where is the guy located, I have 14 seats in need of repair. GM and Fords. Thanks
man
Old 09-03-2010, 07:22 PM
Registered

Received 883 Likes on 479 Posts

Chewy's Upolestry, Jupiter FL.

Guy is extremely knowledgable and he did one truck today and will do the other Monday. We have to rotate trucks when one is out of service so he can't do both in the same day. He is doing my boat headliner next week as well......
Old 09-03-2010, 07:35 PM
Registered

I bought a new lower leather seat cover from GM for my truck. It was not that much. Cheaper than I thought. you can also install it yourself without any special tools. Mostly clips on. The foam and springs can be repaired once the cover is off. Jeff Wurl

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.