Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Boat Transport - Austin, Tx to MN >

Boat Transport - Austin, Tx to MN

Notices

Boat Transport - Austin, Tx to MN

Old 10-20-2010, 07:11 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Boat Transport - Austin, Tx to MN

Any ideas? This will probably happen in the next few weeks. Austin, TX area to St. Cloud, MN.

Another question - could I rent a car with a hitch? From who? I thought about getting a cheap flight down and towing it back myself. Rent a pickup or something?

Thanks.

Mike

Last edited by mikesufka; 10-20-2010 at 08:42 AM.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Uhaul rents trucks, but I don't know if they have a hitch. You would have to rent from a company that has a market throughout the USA. I think Uhaul will allow you to drop off the truck at any Uhaul locaiton. Most rental companies will force you to bring back the truck to its original location. I hope the boat is not too heavy. Also, I would purchase all new Maximus trailer tires before the trip. I like Maximus, other brands just did not hold up for my application, which is 15000+lbs on a tripple axle trailer. You could get a trucking company to ship it, but it will cost some $$$$$$, and you should pay for shipping insurance as well.
Old 10-20-2010, 03:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Call Pete Anderson,he hauls for Legend Marine 817-507-5861. He has authority and is fully insured. He is based out of the DFW area so he is not too far from Austin.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Got it taken care of. Thanks.