Notices

Any Trucks for Sale?

Old 01-28-2011, 02:59 PM
Mac
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You better check the tow rating on your 2500, if its not enough for your boat and your in a accident the insurance will be void.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:11 PM
Banned

Default Insurance

Originally Posted by Mac
You better check the tow rating on your 2500, if its not enough for your boat and your in a accident the insurance will be void.
Great advice! I never would have thought about that. I think the boat and fuel would be too much for this truck. Plus it is 2wd and I worry about pulling it out on a moss covered/wet ramp.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:55 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

My boat trailer are very similar to your rig. I tow with a 2011 F-250 diesel SRD. Pulls mine and stops like it's not even there. Is a legal rig with tow ratings. The extreme trailers are set up and balanced well. With the lower profile of these boats crosswinds and semi truck wind does not affect them much at all. The exhaust brake works very, very well in the downhill slopes around there. When I come down Monteagle do not even have to touch the brakes. When I get off the interstate touch the brakes once and not much again. Your trailer(I assume still has the extreme) is as nice a piece as the boat. I have air bags on the rear axles which I consider mandatory equipment.
I drive my truck everyday and a dually was out of the question for this. If you don't mind a dually, it is not overkill for your boat for sure. I consider 4wd mandatory equipment for the steep ramps I launch on. It will be necessary for you because your rear wheels on your truck will be in the water when you back in far enough to load/unload. If you have moss on the ramp and 2 wd your in for a battle. If your a GM man, get a DMax 4x4 SRD or Dually.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:32 AM
Banned

Default Big Enough?

Originally Posted by KYElimEagle
My boat trailer are very similar to your rig. I tow with a 2011 F-250 diesel SRD. Pulls mine and stops like it's not even there. Is a legal rig with tow ratings. The extreme trailers are set up and balanced well. With the lower profile of these boats crosswinds and semi truck wind does not affect them much at all. The exhaust brake works very, very well in the downhill slopes around there. When I come down Monteagle do not even have to touch the brakes. When I get off the interstate touch the brakes once and not much again. Your trailer(I assume still has the extreme) is as nice a piece as the boat. I have air bags on the rear axles which I consider mandatory equipment.
I drive my truck everyday and a dually was out of the question for this. If you don't mind a dually, it is not overkill for your boat for sure. I consider 4wd mandatory equipment for the steep ramps I launch on. It will be necessary for you because your rear wheels on your truck will be in the water when you back in far enough to load/unload. If you have moss on the ramp and 2 wd your in for a battle. If your a GM man, get a DMax 4x4 SRD or Dually.
I do still have the Extreme trailer and it looks real nice. I thought I needed a 4500 or a F650 to haul this around to poker runs without straining up hills. A number of people have said they thought a F350 or a 3500 GMC/Chev would do it, but the boat just looks so massive to me now. It is 42' feet long and intimidates me compared to my other boats. Maybe all that is just empty fiberglass. A regular pickup sure looks small in front of this monster. When we went to test drive the boat the dealer pulled it to the water with a F650 and I thought the ride was terrible and the truck felt so big and overkill. It was also a challenge to navigate the city streets of Portland with this monster. It sure looked cool though.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:18 AM
Registered

The new GM 2500 and 3500 are rated for the same weights and I am sure they would be plenty for your boat. I would say 4wd is a must though.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:32 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

My trailer is 41 foot long and the length is the only difficult part of towing it. You have to think ahead before you pull in somewhere. You'll be amazed at how nicely it tows. Get the power telescoping mirrors.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:42 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ElimiNordic
Catmando,
Thanks for the PM you sent me a few months ago about the big MTI I was thinking about. You helped me move to the boat I actually needed with some common sense advice. Much appreciated.
You're very welcome.
Old 01-29-2011, 02:07 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,816 Likes on 904 Posts

Originally Posted by ElimiNordic
I have the 8100 Vortec and the Allison 6 speed. You think it will haul it and stop it?
I think you will be fine. I have the same truck and it pulls my 32 AT easily. My total weight with gear and fuel is about 10.5k.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:13 AM
Registered

My freind has a Chevy 4500 Kodiak 2006 with the Monroe Conversion. It is red air susp, air ride seats, exh brake, crew cab, with alcoa wheels. He is wanting around 40. It has 42,000 miles on it. He is in Nashville. PM me if interested and I will send pics.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2004 F350 Crew cab 4x4 dually diesel 110k miles. Extended warranty and many upgrades. Let me know and I can forward pictures and link to ad

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.