Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
What do you guys think 2006 F350 DRW >

What do you guys think 2006 F350 DRW

Notices

What do you guys think 2006 F350 DRW

Old 04-25-2011, 02:16 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 12 Posts

is it a 4wd truck or a 2wd truck? I didn't see in your post unless I missed it. If it's 2wd it's WAY to much. Relatively low miles are making that truck worth a handful more then its 100k counterparts, but I think the 6.0 reputation is finally driving down their values a little bit now that even the uneducated public has "heard". However, all that being said I don't think the 6.0s are all bad. They are certainly not 7.3s or 5.9s, but with a good independent mechanic, the notable fixes (head studs, egr delete) etc, many of them are going and going with no problems. A good friend of mine that is an independent Ford diesel mechanic said that for just as many 6.0s as he see's in the shop repreatedly, there are those that have 250-300k and keep on going. He said it's really a mixed bag. The 05+ trucks are definitely head and shoulders above the 03.5-04 trucks.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:17 AM
Registered

is it a 4wd truck or a 2wd truck? I didn't see in your post unless I missed it. If it's 2wd it's WAY to much. Relatively low miles are making that truck worth a handful more then its 100k counterparts, but I think the 6.0 reputation is finally driving down their values a little bit now that even the uneducated public has "heard". However, all that being said I don't think the 6.0s are all bad. They are certainly not 7.3s or 5.9s, but with a good independent mechanic, the notable fixes (head studs, egr delete) etc, many of them are going and going with no problems. A good friend of mine that is an independent Ford diesel mechanic said that for just as many 6.0s as he see's in the shop repreatedly, there are those that have 250-300k and keep on going. He said it's really a mixed bag. The 05+ trucks are definitely head and shoulders above the 03.5-04 trucks.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:22 AM
Registered

Old 04-25-2011, 02:27 AM
Registered

LMAO... I do NOT know what in the world happened above. Sorry guys.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:57 AM
Registered

Received 1,323 Likes on 739 Posts

4wd and has the Head studs and EGR work. The truck is pretty much 1 owner and spotless.
It was used to haul a 5 th wheel camper, that's the reason for the air bags.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:59 AM
Registered

I can say this about the 6.0 over my old 96 7.3 it has way more power and brakes.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:51 AM
Registered

Wildman... it's definitely a more "refined" truck, even over those that were just a model year or two before (the 04 body style). They do make great power, get good mileage (compared to Fords other offerings, 6.4, 7.3, etc). If you're not scared of it, pull the trigger. If you have a good mechanic that's willing to work on one of these IF they break, and you don't have to haul it into a dealer you'll be fine. Just word to the wise, put a fuel filter in it every time you change the oil. I do on all my repo trucks, and am a firm believer dirty fuel is the reason for so many 6.0 injector failures.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jpzaluski
Wildman... it's definitely a more "refined" truck, even over those that were just a model year or two before (the 04 body style). They do make great power, get good mileage (compared to Fords other offerings, 6.4, 7.3, etc). If you're not scared of it, pull the trigger. If you have a good mechanic that's willing to work on one of these IF they break, and you don't have to haul it into a dealer you'll be fine. Just word to the wise, put a fuel filter in it every time you change the oil. I do on all my repo trucks, and am a firm believer dirty fuel is the reason for so many 6.0 injector failures.
I think you may be on to something, my mechanic said the same thing.

What is the best fuel filter you know of? I was also reading in a Diesel power that heavy equipment operators will put another filter in line.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some may disagree...but buy filters (especially fuel) from the dealer. Call Tousley ford (look it up on the internet) for the best prices.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tinman565
Some may disagree...but buy filters (especially fuel) from the dealer. Call Tousley ford (look it up on the internet) for the best prices.
+1

buy EVERY filter form the dealer. They are the best. I cant believe what wix is stamping their name on these days. and if you have a 6.0 or 6.4 and your oil filter comes with a cap on it you have a problem. get a factory cap and use the ford filters that snap into your permanent cap. the ones that come with a cap have been proven to not properly depress the oil filter basin drain and bypass oil flow through the filter when the oil becomes hot. that is a 6.4 killer right there!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.