Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
ProCharger vs. Magna Charger  Opinion >

ProCharger vs. Magna Charger Opinion

Notices

ProCharger vs. Magna Charger Opinion

Old 04-27-2011, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default ProCharger vs. Magna Charger Opinion

Looking ot put a supercharger on my 2001 Yukon XL. Wanted opinions on Prochager vs. Magnacharger. I'm leaning towards the Magnacharge because of the bypass set-up and better lowend torque.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

I really like the prochargers on my boat. First superchargers I have ever owned. I am a turbo guy. I have owned many cars and trucks with aftermarket turbo systems....sized correctly they are by far the best! Obviously merc and oters are now switching over to turbo. Check out the STS turbo set up for your truck. Really impressive stuff.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:44 PM
Registered

I have looked at the STS stuff. A little out of the budget right now but I am with you Turbo's set up right are the way to go. STS has done a great job with their product.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For towing look no further then a magnacharger. You get alot more low and mid range torque and its pretty efficient. Pretty straight forward bolt on.

I run a big procharger on my built Z06. The prochargers (centrical blowers) are great for making big power as they build boost later in the rpms. But a roots and twin screw blower are great daily driver blowers that make instant torque which would be good for towing.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:58 PM
Registered

Like above, on an suv go with a roots style charger (Magna)... damn near instant response and huge torque. Won't have the top end of a centri but how many people drive their trucks and full throttle and hi speed 24/7 lol.
Old 05-08-2011, 03:13 PM
Registered

Thanks
Old 05-09-2011, 10:24 AM
Registered

Roots style definitely.... Dayumn, I miss my cobra lol... I only had the stock Eaton on it with a smaller pulley and the low end torque was badazz... I had planned to put on a Kenny Belle, but decided to sell the car. You'll be happy with the magna..