Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Trucks, Trailers and Transportation (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/trucks-trailers-transportation-159/)
-   -   Tahoe Questions (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/trucks-trailers-transportation/253036-tahoe-questions.html)

Pete280 05-06-2011 09:09 PM

Tahoe Questions

what is the difference between a LT and LTZ, big difference on the price, I am looking at 09-10's

thanks

Quicksilver 05-06-2011 09:27 PM

Off hand I think the only main differences are you get auto-ride and can get the 6.2 V8 which is way more torquey and powerful then the 5.3 (there are other minor differences but those are the two main items I believe)

pitts1313 05-06-2011 09:29 PM

LTZs come w/ Autoride, chrome door handles/mirror covers/grill, power remote liftgate, heated washer fluid, Rainsense wipers, locking rear axle, second row heated leather power release seats, wood grain storage in front of console, 20" polished aluminum wheels, & third row seat. This is above the 3LT package. Not sure if that is all.

livinglife2 05-06-2011 10:55 PM

Our 2010 Ltz has everything above plus heated/ac front seats,six speed trans, the dash is wood grain,tow hitch cover, bucket middle row, I have put 6k on it in the last 4 months, drives like a dream, we had a 02 Lt we bought new before this one. The LTZ just look alot classier with all the chrome and 20's ,

Pete280 05-07-2011 05:21 AM

Thanks, just started looking, wasnt aware of all the differences, so if I can swing it an LTZ is the way to go if I plan on towing.

livinglife2 05-07-2011 11:15 AM

We looked at alot of 2010s that did not have the tow package, I would not get one with out it, it has the trans coolers and that will help alot if you tow anything.

Quicksilver 05-07-2011 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Pete280 (Post 3397014)
Thanks, just started looking, wasnt aware of all the differences, so if I can swing it an LTZ is the way to go if I plan on towing.

Make sure you find one with the 6.2 V8 as that's the only model you can get it in, mileage isn't that much worse then the 5.3 but you get a lot more power. I had a friend with a 2wd version and with a few bolt ons and tune the truck flat out hauled ass lol. The only thing I don't like is I don't think you can get HIDs on the Tahoe, I've seen the new gen Denalis without HIDs too but their an option on the Denali, kinda crazy for a truck that cost that much to not have it.

Quinlan 05-08-2011 03:49 PM

Our 6.2 LTZ is a very nice ride. Lots of power. Only problem so far was driver window draging. Servicre bul. issued I guess just greased track.
15 mpg

GO4BROKE 05-08-2011 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by pitts1313 (Post 3396910)
LTZs come w/ Autoride, chrome door handles/mirror covers/grill, power remote liftgate, heated washer fluid, Rainsense wipers, locking rear axle, second row heated leather power release seats, wood grain storage in front of console, 20" polished aluminum wheels, & third row seat. This is above the 3LT package. Not sure if that is all.

My 3LT came with everyting listed above except autoride and the chrome. I had to add the chrome grill, looks alot nicer. You need to look at the individual vehicle, a 3lt can be nearly as pimped out as the ltz. The 6.2 would be the reason for the ltz, not the creature comforts. I don't tow with mine. I get high 16's for fuel economy, so you only lose about 1 mpg going to the 6.2. Can't lose either way, I love the truck.

Quicksilver 05-09-2011 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by GO4BROKE (Post 3397971)
My 3LT came with everyting listed above except autoride and the chrome. I had to add the chrome grill, looks alot nicer. You need to look at the individual vehicle, a 3lt can be nearly as pimped out as the ltz. The 6.2 would be the reason for the ltz, not the creature comforts. I don't tow with mine. I get high 16's for fuel economy, so you only lose about 1 mpg going to the 6.2. Can't lose either way, I love the truck.

6.2 and 6 speed auto is just such a perfect combo for these trucks, I mean they are heavy trucks but with that power train they move around effortlessly and so easy to mod.