Notices

Best tow rig under 35k.

Old 08-05-2011, 01:28 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

Originally Posted by jhowser
Yep they do. And the camera in the tailgate is useless when trying to hook up the 5th wheel trailer and the mirrors don't show that part either. Yes, I as Jay's wife, still have a hard time after 15yrs of backing the trailer down to the ramp, but I do eventually get it done lol.
If they were smart they would have put the back up camera on the cab and one on the rear bumber,then they should have had a button to push for which camera you wanted to look through..

just a quicky on backing up with a trailer,,instead of putting your hand at the top of the steering wheel put your hand at the bottom..If you want the trailer to go in the direction your backing up turn the steering wheel in that direction..
I showed this to my X g-friend and turned her loose in a sams parking lot with the trailer on back after it closed.. now she is a pro!
Old 08-05-2011, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Quicksilver
Trust me, good tune for power and stopping regen and dpf delete and the 6.4 run's awesome. 20 mpg on the highway, 15-16 city. 6.4's fly with a tune too lol
I know they do, buddy has spartan. But your investing 2k to get all that stuff, and then you just wiped your powertrain warranty.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That would be ideal with 2 cameras and a switch button! I will have to try the bottom of the steering wheel as I have not tried that yet. I think that with us using the radios and him guiding me sometimes helps and sometimes makes it more difficult because he says turn this way, then more and then not that much lol. Thanks!
To the OP good luck in your search!
Old 08-08-2011, 05:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford F450.....

Heck with the way these illegal truckers are killings us legal ones, I'm thinking about selling or trading my F450 for a smaller rig. Love the truck and it's been perfect, but need better MPG to compete. Take a look at BisbeesMarine.com where you can see some pics. 2001 F450, 6 speed manual with ZF gear box, 4:88 rear, custom bed, 5" exhaust from turbo, comp programer, cold air induction...nice rig and it all works like it should. Any interest please let me know. Just thinking about it but saw your post and thought I'd pipe in.
Thanks,
Capt. Bob
Old 08-08-2011, 06:30 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BisbeesMarine
Heck with the way these illegal truckers are killings us legal ones, I'm thinking about selling or trading my F450 for a smaller rig. Love the truck and it's been perfect, but need better MPG to compete. Take a look at BisbeesMarine.com where you can see some pics. 2001 F450, 6 speed manual with ZF gear box, 4:88 rear, custom bed, 5" exhaust from turbo, comp programer, cold air induction...nice rig and it all works like it should. Any interest please let me know. Just thinking about it but saw your post and thought I'd pipe in.
Thanks,
Capt. Bob
That has Joew name all over it