Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Trucks, Trailers and Transportation (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/trucks-trailers-transportation-159/)
-   -   '11 Duramax LT or LTZ (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/trucks-trailers-transportation/259551-11-duramax-lt-ltz.html)

waterboy222 08-04-2011 10:35 AM

'11 Duramax LT or LTZ

2 Attachment(s)
Chevy is back to offering their 0% financing on their new duallys. My local dealer has an LT and has worked a very tempting trade-in on a Silverado. This will be one of our Supervisor trucks so I'd like for it to be comfortable and a nice interior.

The dealer said the only real differences between the LT and the LTZ is leather, backup cam, nav, etc. and that he will swap in leather for me. But the Silverado 1500 LT that we ordered is INCREDIBLY plain inside. No trim rings on the gauges, lots of ugly black plastic, digital NOTHING. Is the 3500 LT the same way?

I can't find anywhere online where it describes the true differences between the LT and the LTZ. The LTZ is around $4k more, is it worth it?

OOPS: Found a couple of pics.. They are pretty different!

skate 08-04-2011 10:52 AM

[QUOTE=waterboy222;3469877]Chevy is back to offering their 0% financing on their new duallys. My local dealer has an LT and has worked a very tempting trade-in on a Silverado. This will be one of our Supervisor trucks so I'd like for it to be comfortable and a nice interior.

The dealer said the only real differences between the LT and the LTZ is leather, backup cam, nav, etc. and that he will swap in leather for me. But the Silverado 1500 LT that we ordered is INCREDIBLY plain inside. No trim rings on the gauges, lots of ugly black plastic, digital NOTHING. Is the 3500 LT the same way?

I can't find anywhere online where it describes the true differences between the LT and the LTZ. The LTZ is around $4k more, is it worth it?
LTZ back up camera makes hooking up to trailers great. Also has garage door openers and much better sound system. You need to find a dealer with an LTZ and check it out. Also if you tow a lot the 2500 HD with the Duramax allison combo is great. 2010 is better than 2011 due to new urea tank issues. I tow a 28 Skater with mine and it's like it's not even there!

waterboy222 08-04-2011 10:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The closest place that has an LTZ is a couple hours away unfortunately. I keep finding conflicting information.. Like this picture, it shows very plain boring "LT" gauges with no trim rings and and the other "LT" picture it shows chrome rings around the gauges..

It will be towing a flatbed tandem dually trailer about once a week and I'll probably use it for poker runs if its available. But it doesn't take much to tote around my 24!

GRH 08-04-2011 11:29 AM

I believe the LT has a bench seat in front with a fold down center consol... which will allow for 3 people in front... the LTZ has bucket seats and a fixed center consol... can;t ride 3 in the front on the LTZ

redcorvetteman3 08-04-2011 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by GRH (Post 3469921)
I believe the LT has a bench seat in front with a fold down center consol... which will allow for 3 people in front... the LTZ has bucket seats and a fixed center consol... can;t ride 3 in the front on the LTZ

You are right about the seats. The LTZ are loaded. Heated seats, some are cooled as well. If you like all the people comforts the LTZ is the way to go.

cubicinches 08-04-2011 12:07 PM

The LT is horrible inside, in my opinion. Cheap and plain.

Navigation, backup camera, Universal Homelink (garage door opener etc.), power adjustable pedals, are not standard equipment, even on an LTZ. They are options.

Power heated leather seats, OnStar, Bose stereo, Bluetooth capability, are a few of the things that are standard on the LTZ, plus much more. Most of that stuff is an option on the LT.

Go to Chevrolet.com and enter the truck section, then click on the "build your own" button, choose the LTZ package at the beginning... Anything that comes up as an option from that point on is not part of the LTZ package.

waterboy222 08-04-2011 01:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I went down and drove the LT, it had the chrome rings around the gauges, flip up console, cloth and VERY VERY plain dash.

But the price is so tempting that its hard to justify the LTZ just because of the dash. Adding aftermarket leather with heated/cooled seats and window tint was $1400. You could put nav/stereo in for another $1100 (which I only want DVD and backup cam, could care less about NAV) and you're still $2500 ahead but with an ugly dash.. I dont know, it seems almost like a wash. Especially since everything you're paying is going to principal.

Its so quiet you can hardly tell its a diesel.

Sydwayz 08-04-2011 02:11 PM

Have the far off dealer send you some camera phone pics of the interior of the LTZ.