Notices

Dodge 6.7 owners ???

Old 08-21-2011, 12:25 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
the 6.7 has been out since late 07? 08..the 2012 has a new program...dodge is the only one that you dont have to put that new DFE fluid in at 11-19$ a gallon in a 5 gallon tank every 5k miles to meet the diesel emissions.
Yes, it is my understanding DFE is not used in 2011/12 Dodge. However, the particulates are flush burned by "over fueling". The amount of fuel required is said to force fuel past the rings and impact bearing and oil life.

Therefore, though we have been loyal to Dodge, owned many, have excellent dealer re-pore, a 3,500 Denali has been put in service. The Duramax is uncharted durability, because of higher torque/horsepower. Fuel mileage and DFE are annoyances.
Old 08-21-2011, 12:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CcanDo
FYI, I Plan to sell, 2007, 3500, 5.9, auto, DRW, loaded Laramie w/6600 miles.
Send me a pm with your asking price or post it here on the thread. My purchase will be a cash purchase by my pool construction company.
My biggest fear is that it'll be to well appointed for a work truck. I get into my trucks wet and muddy all the time due to the rains we used to enjoy here in SE Texas.
I've always liked rubber floors and naugahyde seats 'cause I can put duct tape over the speakers and rinse the seat/floorboard with a gardenhose and sponge when washing the truck.
Is 6600 miles correct or is it 66000???

Thanks, for the right price I'd certainly be interested regardless of the interior. I've had some trucks where I put a plastic seat cover over the cloth and big rubber floormats over the carpet.

See ya,
Kelly
Old 08-21-2011, 06:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by huskyrider
Send me a pm with your asking price or post it here on the thread. My purchase will be a cash purchase by my pool construction company.
My biggest fear is that it'll be to well appointed for a work truck. I get into my trucks wet and muddy all the time due to the rains we used to enjoy here in SE Texas.
I've always liked rubber floors and naugahyde seats 'cause I can put duct tape over the speakers and rinse the seat/floorboard with a gardenhose and sponge when washing the truck.
Is 6600 miles correct or is it 66000???

Thanks, for the right price I'd certainly be interested regardless of the interior. I've had some trucks where I put a plastic seat cover over the cloth and big rubber floormats over the carpet.

See ya,
Kelly
$35 K, Yes, the mileage is 6,600....Tinted windows, Sun Shades, Flip over Goose-neck Ball, Factory Bed Liner, Plus, 1/2" rubber mat, Trailer Control, Factory vinyl Bed rail Protector, Complete Laramie package (Leather, carpet, etc.) NEVER A SCRATCH.....This is the smoothest shifting Dodge automatic transmission I have driven.....There was a minor converter tremor starting the boat up the ramp. The Dealer and Dodge collaborated, installed a new part number modulator valve, precisely set all pressures and fine calibrated the shift body valves.( Dodge Dealer work order is included.)

Low mileage is because we have several vehicles and this one was dedicated to the boat. Engineering work load has allowed limited time for the boats, on top of the heat.

The P/U was reserved for another application that never developed.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:33 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Huskyrider,

If I were you I would just come up here and buy CcanDo's truck sight unseen. It's a 2007 5.9 and they are VERY rare as Ram came out with the 6.7 midyear 2007 and ain't NOBODY selling theirs. This is the first one I remember seeing for sale. And you just can't turn down a four year old Cummins with only 6600 miles on it.

Yes it's got leather but I would think water would run off that better than cloth...

BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!