Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Trucks, Trailers and Transportation (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/trucks-trailers-transportation-159/)
-   -   Dodge 6.7 owners ??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/trucks-trailers-transportation/260715-dodge-6-7-owners.html)

huskyrider 08-20-2011 09:23 PM

Dodge 6.7 owners ???

I'm curious as to how you've found these new powerplants power output and the MPG.
I had a motor grenade in my truck yesterday and have to get a new truck immediately.
I always buy the cheapest strippy diesel dually w/ AC as the only option because I use it for work building swimming pools and a little on the side for me.
The local Ford and GMC dealers only had loaded out units but the Dodge dealer has a 6 speed manual 6.7 with built in brake controller and cruise/tilt too. It was after work today and I didn't want to dick with them so I passed on the test drive and asked for the best price.
Their out the door price at 34,500 will be more than I've ever spent before but I'd guess the price to be fair as it MSRP'd at over 39 window sticker.
Thanks for any feedback you owners may have.

See ya,
Kelly

FIXX 08-20-2011 10:07 PM

Fixx

Originally Posted by huskyrider (Post 3484343)
I'm curious as to how you've found these new powerplants power output and the MPG.
I had a motor grenade in my truck yesterday and have to get a new truck immediately.
I always buy the cheapest strippy diesel dually w/ AC as the only option because I use it for work building swimming pools and a little on the side for me.
The local Ford and GMC dealers only had loaded out units but the Dodge dealer has a 6 speed manual 6.7 with built in brake controller and cruise/tilt too. It was after work today and I didn't want to dick with them so I passed on the test drive and asked for the best price.
Their out the door price at 34,500 will be more than I've ever spent before but I'd guess the price to be fair as it MSRP'd at over 39 window sticker.
Thanks for any feedback you owners may have.

See ya,
Kelly

were they 2011 or 2012?? mopar uped the hp and tq ratings on the 2012,,supposed to be a rocket over the 2011's..a friend builds tow trucks we see that the dodges have far less problems then the fords and chevys,,with a tow bed on the 2011's customers average 16 mpg around town and the trucks are rarely shut off..i see allot of his customers switching from the fords to the dodges because of the better reliability and more mpg..you wont be sorry you made the change....Btw thease trucks are the 4500 series..

SunsationLarry 08-20-2011 11:11 PM

Goto Spring Dodge and talk to Al Heggs, he is the owner and will hook you up an anything new or used. We have 1500 5.7's we use daily and 3 6.7's as workhorses. One is a 3500 DRW 4x4 and the other 2 are 2500 SLT 4x4's, no problems at all with any and the diesels are worked hard on a daily basis.

huskyrider 08-20-2011 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by mrfixxall (Post 3484361)
were they 2011 or 2012?? .

It's a 2011 model.
My needs really don't require a rocket just good old fashioned power, I'm always pulling a trailer with large skid loaders, mid sized trackhoes, pallets of rock/brick, bundles of rebar etc..
My last Dodge was an 03, it wasn't that powerful compared to the Ford's I used to run, but my last Ford was unreliable. It was the first of a new generation of their powerstroke.
My problem is that I don't like to purchase first gen powerplants since that experience and this 6.7 by Dodge is IMO another 1st gen powerplant.
Thanks for your input.

See ya,
Kelly

FIXX 08-21-2011 12:05 AM

Fixx

Originally Posted by huskyrider (Post 3484404)
It's a 2011 model.
My needs really don't require a rocket just good old fashioned power, I'm always pulling a trailer with large skid loaders, mid sized trackhoes, pallets of rock/brick, bundles of rebar etc..
My last Dodge was an 03, it wasn't that powerful compared to the Ford's I used to run, but my last Ford was unreliable. It was the first of a new generation of their powerstroke.
My problem is that I don't like to purchase first gen powerplants since that experience and this 6.7 by Dodge is IMO another 1st gen powerplant.
Thanks for your input.

See ya,
Kelly

the 6.7 has been out since late 07? 08..the 2012 has a new program...dodge is the only one that you dont have to put that new DFE fluid in at 11-19$ a gallon in a 5 gallon tank every 5k miles to meet the diesel emissions.

huskyrider 08-21-2011 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by SunsationLarry (Post 3484394)
Goto Spring Dodge and talk to Al Heggs, he is the owner and will hook you up an anything new or used. We have 1500 5.7's we use daily and 3 6.7's as workhorses. One is a 3500 DRW 4x4 and the other 2 are 2500 SLT 4x4's, no problems at all with any and the diesels are worked hard on a daily basis.

Spring Dodge is the dealership I drove into this afternoon. I interacted with Billy, the salesman, and his sales manager but I don't remember his name.
I figured I'd call the fleet sales mgr Monday at the dealership I bought the last one from for a quote and do a price comparison. It sure couldn't hurt my chances of getting a better price.
Thanks for the heads up, they seemed like a nice group.

See ya,
Kelly

huskyrider 08-21-2011 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by mrfixxall (Post 3484406)
the 6.7 has been out since late 07? 08..the 2012 has a new program...dodge is the only one that you dont have to put that new DFE fluid in at 11-19$ a gallon in a 5 gallon tank every 5k miles to meet the diesel emissions.

I thought this engine came out in late 09 for the 2010's. Do you know if this program is something that the dealership can come and flash over the original, I remember my Ford getting a reprogram 5 or 6 years ago.
Thanks again, I really appreciate the insight.

See ya,
Kelly

SunsationLarry 08-21-2011 03:49 AM

Billy Vincent? I bought a Sport 1500 and a Jeep Liberty from him in June, he will do you right. Just tell him Larry with the :boat: and he will know who I am :coolcowboy:

The 800 ft/lb CTD has the power to pull whatever you need:drink:

boatman22 08-21-2011 06:52 AM

Kelly...come by and drive mine......

CcanDo 08-21-2011 12:09 PM

FYI, I Plan to sell, 2007, 3500, 5.9, auto, DRW, loaded Laramie w/6600 miles. I, purchased new, no scratches, stored inside.

The P/U can be seen @ "35 Motion, Udderly Fantastic/Cat Can Do Restoration", post # 147.

The 5.9 is said to be desirable, because of Fuel Mileage, Minimum Emission components, Durability and Residual Value.