Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Trucks, Trailers and Transportation (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/trucks-trailers-transportation-159/)
-   -   Keep It Or Send It Back ????? 2011 C-2500 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/trucks-trailers-transportation/266193-keep-send-back-2011-c-2500-a.html)

fountainfan42 11-24-2011 10:30 AM

Keep It Or Send It Back ????? 2011 C-2500

been in communication with my salesman for the last 3 weeks as i was looking for a 2011 C-2500 LT 4 X 4 4 door diesel /allison and he located one in Texas and was trading another dealer for it and shipping it to il , got a call monday that he was leaving for the holiday but truck was due in his dealership tuesday and they would run it thru service dept and detail it ..i get a call yesterday that truck will be delivered to my home and keys will be in the mailbox and do the paperwork next week tuesday , now the bad part i go outside this morn and jump in the truck to go to Dunkin donuts and the pop the hood and its a gas job NO DURAMAX under the hood :eek: my paperwork for the truck is $31,900 + sales tax :angry-smiley-038: i'm thinkin the deal is'nt as sweet as it was suppose to be with the diesel she's a $40K truck ..keep it or have em pick it and keep shoppin ????????????????????????????????????

thanks and happy turkey day

Perlmudder 11-24-2011 10:41 AM

if the DEAL was for a diesel and its a gasser its not what you ordered. what does the paperwork say? if paperwork says diesel i'd either want them to take it back, or discount it some more if you are willing to live with it.

mike tkach 11-24-2011 10:41 AM

if you told them it had to be a diesel,and its gas,tell them to come pick it up,leave it where they dropped it off,if you did not sign any papers,you do not own it.:party-smiley-004:

Mackattack 11-24-2011 10:42 AM

good luck sending it back. they will try to hang you with it.

absolutely send it back. gas burner is a turd.

fountainfan42 11-24-2011 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by mike tkach (Post 3556732)
if you told them it had to be a diesel,and its gas,tell them to come pick it up,leave it where they dropped it off,if you did not sign any papers,you do not own it.:party-smiley-004:

you are correct tkach i do not own it and am not going to call my salesman on turkey day but all emails and telephone calls stated diesel /duramax and he'd have no problem picking it up next week if i dont want to keep the gas .. the diesel version is a $40K truck and i was basically gettin a smokin deal even though i did'nt need the truck lil brad just got his License and was gunna put him in it ..

fountainfan42 11-24-2011 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Mackattack (Post 3556733)
good luck sending it back. they will try to hang you with it.

absolutely send it back. gas burner is a turd.

they cannot hang me with anything i signed nothing ,its parked in my driveway with 3/4 tank of gas ,i took it to the Marina this morning and dropped of some turkeys & pumpkin pies to the workers & my buddys up there and put almost 200 miles on it ..:eek:

A.O. Razor 11-24-2011 02:59 PM

What an "odd" way to conduct business. If a dealer has that little interest in your purchase and has that little control over what goes out hes door, and see this as a minor mistake, I'd be hesitant to buy anything from him. How will he be like, if you get a warranty problem? It's a bit like "I know you ordered a Merc S class, but hey, here's a nice Caddy instead". Right, get your sh!t together!

At least sent it back, and he better have a very good reason why such a "slip up" could happen. Especially considering you were very specific about it being a diesel. I'd demand some kind of compensation when you get the diesel.

Man, I can't stand stuff like this.

FIXX 11-24-2011 03:15 PM

fixx

are you sure its not a loaner? i cant see that big of a screw up,those gasser 2500 are a pig on fuel,send it back!:drink:

Harvey 11-24-2011 03:16 PM

Send it back, you need a diesel if you try to tow a 42' Fountain.

fountainfan42 11-24-2011 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by A.O. Razor (Post 3556849)
What an "odd" way to conduct business. If a dealer has that little interest in your purchase and has that little control over what goes out hes door, and see this as a minor mistake, I'd be hesitant to buy anything from him. How will he be like, if you get a warranty problem? It's a bit like "I know you ordered a Merc S class, but hey, here's a nice Caddy instead". Right, get your sh!t together!

At least sent it back, and he better have a very good reason why such a "slip up" could happen. Especially considering you were very specific about it being a diesel. I'd demand some kind of compensation when you get the diesel.

Man, I can't stand stuff like this.

the truck showed up and was prepped , serviced & detailed while he was out of town this week for the holiday with his family ... he wanted to wait on delivery till he got back in town next week and i kinda pushed for delivery since i already had made an appt for spray bedliner tomorrow and scheduled one of the guys to work in the shop this weekend to install fuel tank,tool box, & strobes ...the question here is to keep or not as the smokin deal is'nt as smokin anymore since the Duramax is a $4500.00 upgrade ... lookin around on the internet today i have,nt found a 2011 4 X 4 4 door gas for under $35K as of yet