Notices

Improve handling 2011 F-250

Old 11-30-2011, 11:48 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Quicksilver
Nothing like an agressive set of A/T's wearing down... HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM . Though I gotta say, very impressed by the Nitto Terra-grapplers for not only their cool looks and handling, but their very quiet even when wearing down.
thats the problem... I really like the raised white letters on the BFG's.I guess Im old school..LOL.......but they do not wear as well..vs the Nitto's like you mentioned on my buddies trucks...Nissans and Toyota's....the other one that wears good is TOYO....I just cant find anyone who has them on these heavy 350's...fora real comparision...and they are about 75. each less expensive...Im lucky to get 40k out of a set...but in reality 65% of driving is city...and half of that is pulling a trailer, or a 14k trak hoe or boats..so I just deal with it for the look I like. If they had raised wht letters Id be all over those Nitto's or Toyo's..
Old 11-30-2011, 01:34 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Jassman
no problem man..he has other mods of what you can do to door weatherstripping to make it even quieter than stock..especially when the larger tires start to wear they make more road noise..

here's the pic's I promised. I realized after I took the pic of the truck, the driveway slopes quite a bit..but anyways was trying to show the level front end with the shocks alone..
Thanks again. Looks like I may have to do some "christmas" shopping. Leveling kit and dual stabilizers for starters
Old 11-30-2011, 01:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats the problem... I really like the raised white letters on the BFG's.I guess Im old school..LOL.......but they do not wear as well..vs the Nitto's like you mentioned on my buddies trucks...Nissans and Toyota's....the other one that wears good is TOYO....I just cant find anyone who has them on these heavy 350's...fora real comparision...and they are about 75. each less expensive...Im lucky to get 40k out of a set...but in reality 65% of driving is city...and half of that is pulling a trailer, or a 14k trak hoe or boats..so I just deal with it for the look I like. If they had raised wht letters Id be all over those Nitto's or Toyo's..
Yeh it depends, I love the white raised letters on BFGs, but also love that blacked out look and awesome tread of the TerraGrapplers, especially on black rim w/ chrome lip.

The TGs drive nice though, excellent handling tire for trucks and pry the smoothest ride I've ever seen from an A/T, and they wear nice. BFGs do have that oldschool beefy look though.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:45 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by endeavor1
Thanks again. Looks like I may have to do some "christmas" shopping. Leveling kit and dual stabilizers for starters
the 4 new Rancho 9000xl shocks are not that much more than a leveling kit...and you can adjust up to level 9...I believe 1 or 2 is stock..it really helps...I prefer the ride and handling vs our stock 11 250 with the stock Michelons.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:47 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Jeff, do you prefer the Rancho 9000's to the Bilstein's?
Old 11-30-2011, 07:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by SkiDoc
this was a question that I had.. I did research and could not find that much info on Bilstein..and then my buddy put those Rancho 9000xl on..and he told me they worked great. The oem shocks were Rancho as well. I guess You Tube and people I knew swayed me in that direction.. I honestly do not know which is the better shock..but I really like being able to adjust these shocks, and will be getting the in cab controller so I dont have to get on the ground when I swich them around..2 or 3 times a week.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:26 AM
Registered

Received 743 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by SkiDoc
On the GM trucks I've done shock swaps on in the past, I prefered Bilstein over Rancho.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:50 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

thats the problem... I really like the raised white letters on the BFG's.I guess Im old school..LOL......
That is funny because I hate the white letters out. My new Ford has 20 inch Pirelli Scorpions with the white letters out and even after 7K miles I am tired of cleaning the scuffed white letters! On a new set of LTX's the white letters will be turned in!
Old 12-01-2011, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a 06 F350 Long bed SRW 6.0 King Ranch.

10 ply Toyo Open County's made the ride and handling 10 times better!!

I try to help fellow boaters out by buying from them so had member AllFiredUp/Ben drop ship them to me in a very smooth transaction. Ben does what Ben says he is going to do! Price was within reason of my local dealer, who I had mount/balance them.

Ben said to get the Toyo's so I did. He can explain why they worked so well, I'm more results than reason- don't care why some thing works as long as it does. They did!

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/m...llfiredup.html

Here is his bike shop:

http://www.bourgetsnc.com/
Ben at Bourgetsnc d0t com
Old 12-01-2011, 08:44 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
That is funny because I hate the white letters out. My new Ford has 20 inch Pirelli Scorpions with the white letters out and even after 7K miles I am tired of cleaning the scuffed white letters! On a new set of LTX's the white letters will be turned in!
I have an '11 F150 Platinum with the 6.2 V8

Look at my pics of the 20" Pirelli Scorpion dry rot! Tires were less than 1 year old (see DOT date in pics) and I had 2K miles on the truck. Common issue with the 6.2 and 20". I have a few buddies with the 5.0 and same tires with 0 issues.

https://picasaweb.google.com/marylan...eat=directlink

I replaced with Michelin LT/X AT2's and couldn't be happier!! I took off the 4x4 stickers, added rear fender wells, upgraded the blubs in headlights/fog lights (NOT blue blubs which are worse for light!!), put in a rear rubber mat and a Leer 500 lid- awesome truck!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.