Notices

08 F250 or 07 F250?

Old 01-11-2012, 06:38 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jmoore1225
cdowns had any of those motors had any tuners or deletes like I mentioined? I just picked mine up about a month ago & there are certainly some real horror stories out there on the 6.4 motors.... I did my research & there are reasons for the demise of the motors when they go down!!!
I dont understand the misconception of the 6.4. During the early run of 08 they had a few issues but other than that are good engines besides sucking gas but what new diesel with a DPF doesnt. I had an 08, buddy has an 09 and other buddy has a 10 between the three of us we had 150k miles with no issues.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an 08 Lariat Crew Cab and have only had one issue which was covered under warranty. The thermostats hyperextend and allow increased pressure through the radiator which will push the seals in the plastic ends on either side of the radiator. This will be covered under warranty but you will have to talk to the parts manager directly. Not all of them do this. I have a H&S programmer and 4 inch turbo back with an intake, truck is unbelievable. Friend has a 24 valve cummins with about 15K in the motor and trans and he is still amazed at how good my truck runs. As far as the little problems go...I dont have them. I change my oil every five thousand miles as well as the top fuel filter. I change the lower fuel filter every 10k. Another friend of mine has an 05 crew cab lariat with the 6.0 in it. EGR delete and 4 inch turbo back sct tuned. Truck is reliable as any. I like the new interior and compound turbos on my truck. Either choice you make there are ups and downs.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:49 AM
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by Tim G.
We all have to remember something about cdowns.... He is from Tennessee. The "oil change" in TN is done by taking the oil from one car and swapping it with another car. They seem to have difficulty with engine longevity there.
Downs, I also remember that truck going through a few tailgates... Darn Fords!

1 bagger- I still do factory tours here in Miami... Just in a different factory...
LOL, Very funny Timmy....The oil was changed every 5000 miles. The first two were head gaskets. ford replaced the whole engine and the third one the turbo took a shi t and head gasket. All engines were completly stock.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:55 AM
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

cdowns had any of those motors had any tuners or deletes like I mentioined? I just picked mine up about a month ago & there are certainly some real horror stories out there on the 6.4 motors.... I did my research & there are reasons for the demise of the motors when they go down!!!
They were all 100% stock. They're was a exhaust cleaning msg that would come on about every 30 min and the boost would drop down to about a pound. It would barely pull up a hill...
Old 01-11-2012, 09:58 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tim G.
We all have to remember something about cdowns.... He is from Tennessee. The "oil change" in TN is done by taking the oil from one car and swapping it with another car. They seem to have difficulty with engine longevity there.
Downs, I also remember that truck going through a few tailgates... Darn Fords!

1 bagger- I still do factory tours here in Miami... Just in a different factory...
Funny Tim,

I have actually considered(but never been that cheap) using the clean oil I take out of Jen's GT every 3000, and dumping it in my beater V-6 mustang with 206,000 miles Maybe I'll see ya at the Miami show.

Rick
Old 01-11-2012, 10:02 AM
Registered

07 07 07 07 07 07 07 07 07 07 07 07 07 07 07! all day long! best looking super duty ever IMHO and no regen. stronger internals, better oiling. get the updates and enjoy! post the vins ill post OASIS
Old 01-11-2012, 10:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fixxxer22
07 07 07 07 07 07 07 07 07 07 07 07 07 07 07! all day long! best looking super duty ever IMHO and no regen. stronger internals, better oiling. get the updates and enjoy! post the vins ill post OASIS

Gotta love the regen.. Mine likes to put out a half mile wall cloud and I watch the cars behind peeling away. Hits about every 100 miles and some times I get a light smoking lasting for several days.
Dealer insists on telling me thats normal....
Old 01-11-2012, 02:47 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Everyone's biggest complaint is the the smoke & loss of power the trucks do every so often(regen) truck is burning off all the crap in the DPF, with exhaust & a tuner to eliminate the cycle the truck no longers goes thru that!!

Think about it, what would any boat motor do if you threw this crap on them? Not to mention an EGR on a diesel? We all know what comes out the exhaust of a diesel engine & then you throw an EGR on there that recycles half of this junk back thru your intake and so on.....
Old 01-12-2012, 05:50 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Everyone's biggest complaint is the the smoke & loss of power the trucks do every so often(regen) truck is burning off all the crap in the DPF, with exhaust & a tuner to eliminate the cycle the truck no longers goes thru that!!

Think about it, what would any boat motor do if you threw this crap on them? Not to mention an EGR on a diesel? We all know what comes out the exhaust of a diesel engine & then you throw an EGR on there that recycles half of this junk back thru your intake and so on.....
I never witnessed any obsecene amount of smoke, but the turbo would act funny during regen and sort of get whomp noise you also could hear like a metallicy exhaust noise under the passenger seat.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by soldier4402
I dont understand the misconception of the 6.4. During the early run of 08 they had a few issues but other than that are good engines besides sucking gas but what new diesel with a DPF doesnt. I had an 08, buddy has an 09 and other buddy has a 10 between the three of us we had 150k miles with no issues.
Add us to the list, no problems with any of the 6.4's even with high miles and hard use, only problem is the guzzly regen and dpf but that goes for Dodge and GM as well. Few trucks had dpf delete and tune, way way way better, both mileage and power wise. We didn't have any problems with 6.0s either, but between the two I'd go for the 6.4 model as your getting a nicer interior and nicer driving truck.

Or pony up the cash for a 6.7 truck... what a gem of an engine, and damn these new trucks are comfy lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.