Notices

Magic Tilt

Old 03-03-2012, 05:29 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Don't skimp the trailer. There is a world of difference between Myco, and ALL the rest. I've had an aluminum bolted trailer (McClain) and now a welded aluminum Myco under my personal 37AT. Myco is expensive, because it's WORTH it. It's the top of the line in trailers. I've towed and loaded identical boats on dozens of other trailers, including McClain (welded), Heritage, Continental, NexTrail, LoadMaster, etc. etc. The Myco uses better components, is engineered better, has better wiring and attention to proper methods of termination in wiring, tows better, loads better, and supports the boat better.

The only thing you can do to make a Myco better is take the Chinese bearings out of it, and put in Timken bearings.

The only one that holds a candle to a Myco, is a Manning. Ron builds a great trailer, and is the only thing that comes close.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2fast9tech2
I think you are right about the price going up. I remember calling last year and the price was around 5500. Still more than I'm willing to spend given I still have to transport it.
Glad I got mine when I did, only cost around 450 to go get it. Left Fri night ran till around 2:00 am got a cheap hotel room then got there about 1:30 pm sat. Hooked then just sleeped in the truck for about 4 hours Sat night. Got home around 1:00 pm Sunday.

Best part was hanging out in the truck stops, truckers would ask me how much I was getting paid to haul trailers for some rich guy. LOL

Last edited by Expensive Date; 03-03-2012 at 06:43 PM.