Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
New Manning Trailer arrived...PICS >

New Manning Trailer arrived...PICS

Notices

New Manning Trailer arrived...PICS

Old 04-03-2012, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default New Manning Trailer arrived...PICS

New trailer arrived today. I was very pleased with the general quality. there were 2 bunks that were off about 3/8 of an inch and Ron left me some shims to fix them. Personally felt he should have been prepared with tools to do that on site, but not a big deal to do myself. i picked out the paint color as a "gun metal grey" off an iron chart online and it is a little lighter than what I expected but still works fine. I didn't want to do the standard black trailer just to have something a little different. I also added a drive guard, steps on the front, an automatic jack, and tool box. I had surge brakes on my previous trailer and these Kodiak brakes are a night and day difference from what I had before. I can tell that this trailer is also heavier than the aluminum one I had but no real down side there. I didn't have any big issues working with Manning Marine other than learning their communication. I would email them and not hear back for days so I suggest calling them if you need something. Trailer was completed in about 4-5 weeks and found no hidden cost.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:49 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

nice looking trailer,my buddy had them build one for his 42 fountain,good quality and fair price.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great, love the color, One thing grease your trailer tounge were it slides. They do not have a lot of grease from the factory and can stick.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:06 PM
Registered

It's eoh so no surge to grease! Thanks for looking out though.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful trailer. I like the drive guard. Smart choice. I just added one to my trailer. If looseconnection (I read his post today, he had someone back into his drives) had one he wouldn't be in a world of hurt right now. There's just to much money hanging back there not to have one. Happy trailering!!!
Old 04-03-2012, 10:32 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Looks sharp!
Old 04-04-2012, 12:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great! My next one will be steel.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:17 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Nice. It is a good feeling to have a solid, safe trailer. Over the years I've sweatted more over trailer issues and maintainence than with the boat.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:12 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 593 Likes on 273 Posts

Love my Manning.

Just dont put anything in toolbox you dont want to get wet.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SkiDoc
Nice. It is a good feeling to have a solid, safe trailer. Over the years I've sweatted more over trailer issues and maintainence than with the boat.
My boat mechanically only broke down on one trip in 3 years.... I blew at least 1 tire on 9 out of 10 trips the past 2 years until I had replaced every hub, tire, brake, etc and found out the real issue was someone put an under rated trailer under it. I feel blessed to have a solid means of transport.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.