Notices

trailer bunk slides

Old 06-05-2012, 11:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trailer bunk slides

Anyone try them on a bigger boat?
I emailed Surfix and they said they wouldn't crush under a 10,000# load but may be a bit uncontrollable when launching. I was thinking of just doing the 2 main bunks going forward as the rest of the rear bunks the boat floats off anyway.
Any experiences with these both good and bad are welcome?
just to clarify the surfix are 5" wide and 1/2" thick.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I used them on my jetski trailer and they made loading an unloading a lot easier. I'm unsure whether or not I would consider them for my offshore boat trailer. I might try a "spray on product" advertised at West Marine. I did go from a two speed Hand wench to a 4000# single line pull rated electric wench but I have yet to try it as my boat is still in the water. Ping me if you would like an update.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by supercat
Anyone try them on a bigger boat?
I emailed Surfix and they said they wouldn't crush under a 10,000# load but may be a bit uncontrollable when launching. I was thinking of just doing the 2 main bunks going forward as the rest of the rear bunks the boat floats off anyway.
Any experiences with these both good and bad are welcome?
just to clarify the surfix are 5" wide and 1/2" thick.
I had them so the wet carpet wouldnt sit and work its way in the the epoxy. They worked perfect!!!!