EZ-Lube or Bearing Buddy?

Old 06-08-2012, 09:49 AM
Registered
Gold Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
I switched to these and couldnt be happier... http://airtighthubs.com/
I saw these at Desert Storm and thought it looked like a good idea. I spend a lot of time pumping in new grease and then wiping it off my wheels.

So these things work? How often do you need to add air? Do the hubs still spit out grease?
Old 06-08-2012, 10:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
if you ever see a boat being towed and you see that his wheels are all greasy that guy has buddy bearings..
I had BB on my last trailer and I was always cleaning my wheels. My friend that bought it hasn't cleaned them once. It's like Chinese torture to me seeing those nice wheels all nasty.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:28 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by blefever
I saw these at Desert Storm and thought it looked like a good idea. I spend a lot of time pumping in new grease and then wiping it off my wheels.

So these things work? How often do you need to add air? Do the hubs still spit out grease?
in one year I have only had to add air to one, and that one i didnt get a good seal on from the beginning... no grease on wheels at all, only brake dust on a triple axle myco. these are standard equip now on all myco's since 06, mine was an 05.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:42 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

Air tites.......no muss no fuss no mess
Old 06-09-2012, 12:18 PM
Registered
Gold Member
Platinum Member

in one year I have only had to add air to one, and that one i didnt get a good seal on from the beginning... no grease on wheels at all, only brake dust on a triple axle myco. these are standard equip now on all myco's since 06, mine was an 05.
Good enough for me, I'm going to give them a try, in fact going to West Marine right now, I'll add them to the list Thanks!
Old 06-09-2012, 01:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

ya they dont mess up the face of the wheel they push the grease through the inner grease seal and then it gets all over the brake shoes and hardware..
Old 06-09-2012, 03:55 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

ez lube is the best set up when you see grease coming around the nut and spindle you know you have grease
Old 06-09-2012, 08:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by weldcrane
ez lube is the best set up when you see grease coming around the nut and spindle you know you have grease
Exactly.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:37 PM
Registered

Bearing buddies keep the grease under pressure. If you pump them up too much, you can actually push out the rear seal if you are not careful. Impossible to do with EZ lube hubs. Plus with Ez lube you can pump all the old grease out and replace with new. Jeff Wurl
Old 06-10-2012, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How can you tell whether you have ez or bb? Not sure what I have.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.