Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
electric/hydraulic brake issue??? >

electric/hydraulic brake issue???

Notices

electric/hydraulic brake issue???

Old 07-03-2012, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bill63
who's boat ??? BTW found this !!

Final chapter in the saga of the brake delay. I finally bit the bullet and relocated the ground wire on the pump. It is now in an isolated circuit directly back to the truck battery (it had been grounded to a common ground in the trailer). Delay time now is 1/2 second or less on manual override and not noticeable with using the brake pedal. The system now works as advertised and the secret is that the ground path MUST be directly back to the truck battery
Thanx Bubba
Old 07-04-2012, 09:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wrinkleface
Thanx Bubba
Don't listen to him he owns a Nortech CC
Old 07-05-2012, 08:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BBB725
Don't listen to him he owns a Nortech CC
OH, 1 of those people!!!!
Old 07-08-2012, 06:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bill63
who's boat ??? BTW found this !!

Final chapter in the saga of the brake delay. I finally bit the bullet and relocated the ground wire on the pump. It is now in an isolated circuit directly back to the truck battery (it had been grounded to a common ground in the trailer). Delay time now is 1/2 second or less on manual override and not noticeable with using the brake pedal. The system now works as advertised and the secret is that the ground path MUST be directly back to the truck battery
I have pointed this out 2 TS at NT who as I have said earlier that Scot at NT is have'n issues also! Call'n TS tomorrow 2 ask 4 any progress!!! Here I am w/ my brand new trailer since May 25 & I still have improper working brakes & let me remind U that this same truck & Drawtite Act 2 controller worked fine w/ my 06 myco!!! ???????? I have done anything myco has asked me 2 do including buy'n a new controller after I paid somebody 2 swap out my Drawtite under dash back 2 my in dash that the new trailer is supposed 2 B compatible w/!!!!(again, have tried 3 sep controllers) Get'n a little twisted here!!! I'm tow'n around 16-17K worth of expensive boat/trailer & my trailer from years ago was much better!!! Riddle me??????? Thanx
Old 07-08-2012, 09:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wrinkleface
I have pointed this out 2 TS at NT who as I have said earlier that Scot at NT is have'n issues also! Call'n TS tomorrow 2 ask 4 any progress!!! Here I am w/ my brand new trailer since May 25 & I still have improper working brakes & let me remind U that this same truck & Drawtite Act 2 controller worked fine w/ my 06 myco!!! ???????? I have done anything myco has asked me 2 do including buy'n a new controller after I paid somebody 2 swap out my Drawtite under dash back 2 my in dash that the new trailer is supposed 2 B compatible w/!!!!(again, have tried 3 sep controllers) Get'n a little twisted here!!! I'm tow'n around 16-17K worth of expensive boat/trailer & my trailer from years ago was much better!!! Riddle me??????? Thanx
It's a short between the steering wheel and brake pedal
Old 07-09-2012, 01:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BBB725
It's a short between the steering wheel and brake pedal
Thanx O' wise 1!!!
Old 07-20-2012, 12:41 PM
Registered

spliced into the ground out of the pump, long line directly 2 the truck battery!! no dif!!!!! delay still present!!!
Old 07-20-2012, 01:08 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

When you pull the "rip cord" on the breakaway brake cable, does the brake pump start pumping instantly?

I usually test my brakes before each pull by having the ignition ON on the truck, but w/o the engine running. I don't know if your factory system will work like that. I test it both ways by pressing on the brake pedal, and listening for the the brake pump to engage; as well as using the manual actuator switch and listening for the brake pump to engage accordingly.

What I'm getting at...
Is your brake pump delaying in starting to pump pressure to the brakes, OR is the delay you describe a delay BEFORE you feel braking power; after the pump starts pumping.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
When you pull the "rip cord" on the breakaway brake cable, does the brake pump start pumping instantly?

I usually test my brakes before each pull by having the ignition ON on the truck, but w/o the engine running. I don't know if your factory system will work like that. I test it both ways by pressing on the brake pedal, and listening for the the brake pump to engage; as well as using the manual actuator switch and listening for the brake pump to engage accordingly.

What I'm getting at...
Is your brake pump delaying in starting to pump pressure to the brakes, OR is the delay you describe a delay BEFORE you feel braking power; after the pump starts pumping.
yes, pump starts right away whether pull'n breakaway or push'n truck brake pedal! then no actual trailer brake'n for 3-4 seconds!! my last myco w/ same truck & contoller, maybe 1/2 second or so!!! worked fine for years!! here I am w/ a brand new trailer that is totally unacceptable!!!
Old 07-20-2012, 01:25 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Alright, well that does narrow it down a bit. Either that pump is not pumping effectively; or something between the pump and the calipers is jacked up. It might even be a kinked line.

My EoH pump on the trailer supplies enough pressure to immediately throw brake fluid 30 feet when there is an open in the system. I found that out on the trip up there to Boyne when I broke a brake line on the trailer outside of Cleveland. I'd look to see how effective the pump is operating and pushing fluid down the line by opening the furthest brake bleeder and checking things out moving forward.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 07-20-2012 at 01:54 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.