Notices

New F-350 Bed Liner?

Old 07-04-2012, 11:39 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New F-350 Bed Liner?

I'm putting a Gooseneck hitch of my new truck. I've already had a in bed hitch with the factory bed liner and junk gets under the cut out. The plan is to remove the factory liner and go with a Spray on. What do I do with the Factory plastic liner? Is there any market for it or do I cut it up for plastic recycleing or dumpster? Thanks, Doug
Old 07-04-2012, 12:18 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

The plastic liners are not worth much, but you could stick it on Craigslist.

My advice: go with a Linex. They are the market leader for a reason, and while they are a bit more expensive, it's worth it as you only get to do it once. I wish I had the Linex that my buddy has in his work truck which he has beat the crap out of since 2006.

If you can't sell the plastic liner, save it behind the shed and wait for the next snowstorm. They make a great chariot behind a 4 wheeler or 4wd truck!
Old 07-04-2012, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brian, I didn't even think of the red neck sled possibilities, LoL. I agree with your Line X recommendation. I don't know which Line X to go with. I had a Line X dealer tell me the Xtra with the Kevlar was not worth the extra expense, just go with the premium with the UV protection. Anybody have experience with Xtra and premium? Thanks, Doug
Old 07-04-2012, 12:42 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Doug, I know it won't float, but I'll put money on it planing off from a beach start behind that AT!
Old 07-04-2012, 01:18 PM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

The whole family now has LINE X in all the trucks, sprayed the underside of a custom trailer and we have in the Yamaha Rhino box ( all Premium spray).. everything looks perfect like the day it was sprayed - pressure wash out and it's back to new... and everything isn't slipping all over and no one has gouged through the spay.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:20 PM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

just have them spray the bed a bit thicker than the sides of the box - our installer does this as his norm so it could be policy or just his way of doing business - but something to mention when talking $$$ to your installer
Old 07-04-2012, 07:00 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by speicher lane
just have them spray the bed a bit thicker than the sides of the box - our installer does this as his norm so it could be policy or just his way of doing business - but something to mention when talking $$$ to your installer
Been spraying them for 14 years. I don't know of any reputable installers that don't do it this way.

A good installer will put 2-3 more coats on the fender well area than he will the bed floor. This is the area that takes the most abuse in any truck bed aside from the tailgate.

Buck
Old 07-05-2012, 08:34 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Line-X! I'll never go back to a plastic shell liner ever again.