Notices

Glad I had too much truck

Old 07-28-2012, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 08 fastech 292
Glad things turned out ok. I've been in the same spot and it's not a lot of fun. That's why I will always use more tow vehicle than I need.

I guarantee that within a couple of weeks we'll see another post from some some guy who honestly thinks he can safely haul 10k lbs. with a 1/2 ton truck or less.

Dave
You won't have to wait 2 weeks ... there is someone over in the General Boating Discussion section, now, asking about riding along with his buddy who wants to pull a 23' Wellcraft Nova with a Honda Pilot ... check it out. He said he posted it so he could show his buddy that (most) folks here thought it might be a bad idea.

Last edited by bob_t; 07-28-2012 at 08:11 PM.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:35 PM
Registered

Jesus... That's just rediculous!

We do most of our boating on a little lake less than 4 miles from the house, trailering. 2 weeks ago, the trailer brakes faded to nothing (bad master cylinder on surge brake system... Manufacturer is warrantying the entire actuator... Thanks Loadrite!!!). The rig has been grounded until ive got 100% at the rotors, no matter where the boats going!!! The wifie asked the other day "why arent we going boating this weekend, its only a couple of miles?". Cause i dont like being strapped to the front side of an 8500# missile, that'll kill somebody, a bunch of bodies, or a bunch of buddies!!!
Old 07-28-2012, 09:10 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Shag555
Cause i dont like being strapped to the front side of an 8500# missile,
Now that is an interesting description. I never thought of it that way but I think some need to.
That is good, I like it.

Last edited by aquaforce; 07-28-2012 at 09:13 PM.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:39 PM
Registered

http://www.thehulltruth.com/trucks-t...edition.html#b

Scroll down to the bottom... Apparently some people just don't get it.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:47 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

That one probably top the list of the stupidest things I've read. Using a Honda Pilot to tow a 35' box trailer with 2 vintage cars in side. Does he realize that in an accident the insurance companies will throw the book at him and refuse any coverage.
Old 07-29-2012, 03:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 08 fastech 292
That one probably top the list of the stupidest things I've read. Using a Honda Pilot to tow a 35' box trailer with 2 vintage cars in side. Does he realize that in an accident the insurance companies will throw the book at him and refuse any coverage.
He's probably one of these clowns who wants to sit around and brag to his buddies about "how great" HIS Pilot is! Kinda like the guys with the bone stock Vette's and 5.0L Mustangs who claim they are "10 second" cars in the 1/4 mile, but, who have never even set foot on a racetrack.

The Sad, SAD, thing is guys like the idiot with the Pilot are the ones that end up T boning a minivan at an intersection [because SURPRISE!!! they aren't able to STOP!] and end up killing some poor bastard and/or his wife and kids who where on there way home from getting ice cream, more often than not the clown in the Pilot walks away unharmed, GRRRRRRR
Old 07-29-2012, 06:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by n20michael
The Sad, SAD, thing is guys like the idiot with the Pilot are the ones that end up T boning a minivan at an intersection [because SURPRISE!!! they aren't able to STOP!] and end up killing some poor bastard and/or his wife and kids who where on there way home from getting ice cream, more often than not the clown in the Pilot walks away unharmed, GRRRRRRR

And then misrepresent the accident as how "tough" his pilot is because he is alive.
Old 07-29-2012, 06:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Shag555
http://www.thehulltruth.com/trucks-t...edition.html#b

Scroll down to the bottom... Apparently some people just don't get it.

There are some demonstrations of stupidity that are so strong I can not keep myself from telling such persons to their face how insane they are. This would be one of them.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts

The one thing I enjoy about this site is the number of people who really have a clue. I worked at an RV repair shop as a kid and I can't tell you the number of guys that came in with new 1/2 tons wanting to tow a 28' trailer. I always believe that more is better, I buy Hawk racing pads for my truck, they aren't cheap but boy do they stop. I was towing my boat through some hills on a 2 lane highway and came around a bend to a steep hill and there was a light at the bottom. When I hit the brakes, a line blew on the trailer and it's brakes were gone. Between the Hawk pads and the oversize Comp T/A's I was real pleased I didn't go cheap when I came to a stop at that light. Penny wise and pound foolish, glad I learned that lesson before I did something real stupid.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:22 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by bob_t
You won't have to wait 2 weeks ... there is someone over in the General Boating Discussion section, now, asking about riding along with his buddy who wants to pull a 23' Wellcraft Nova with a Honda Pilot ... check it out. He said he posted it so he could show his buddy that (most) folks here thought it might be a bad idea.
Was helping some buddies of mine load/unload their boats at the ramp Friday and saw a Dodge Caravan backup to load up a 232 Rinker (weighs 4,200 lbs. dry) on a steel tandem axle trailer. Not a good idea.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.