Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Trucks, Trailers and Transportation (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/trucks-trailers-transportation-159/)
-   -   Duraburb... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/trucks-trailers-transportation/282521-duraburb.html)

sprink58 08-09-2012 10:14 PM

Duraburb...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayrvJ...8&feature=plcp

The best "sleeper" tow vehicle I can imagine.:evilb:

ChargeIt 08-09-2012 11:51 PM

There was a thread here a while back of someone doing the conversion.

Pesonally, I think it is a stupid waste from any practical point and a BAD idea if someone thinks they can tow heavier with it.
Subruban suspensions are set much softer with a shorter wheel base than a comperable truck, neither is a good tow characteristic.

A person can get almost the same look (and less $$) installing a quality cab high topper like ARE on a crew cab.
Better suspension, higher legal tow rating, more cargo space, bed area can stay nice and clean but if something nasty is hauled, the passenger seating is not affected.

Quicksilver 08-10-2012 09:28 AM

Oh how I wish GM would make a Duramax Burb, or Ford with a Powerstroke Expedition now that would f'n rock.

That truck is gonna fly
edit -

Originally Posted by ChargeIt (Post 3750490)

Pesonally, I think it is a stupid waste from any practical point and a BAD idea if someone thinks they can tow heavier with it.
Subruban suspensions are set much softer with a shorter wheel base than a comperable truck, neither is a good tow characteristic.

A person can get almost the same look (and less $$) installing a quality cab high topper like ARE on a crew cab.
Better suspension, higher legal tow rating, more cargo space, bed area can stay nice and clean but if something nasty is hauled, the passenger seating is not affected.

Duraburb is the name of the company ;) , I thought too this was about a D-Suburban conversion lol

aquaforce 08-12-2012 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Quicksilver (Post 3750684)
Oh how I wish GM would make a Duramax Burb, or Ford with a Powerstroke Expedition now that would f'n rock.

This idea keeps getting a lot of mileage and never quite dies. Then I hear that GM has discussed this a lot too but still no product. Yep I would definately sign on for a Dmax Burb.

FIXX 08-12-2012 09:18 PM

fixx

you wanna bet?? i have a older suburban and if you ordered it with the c6p package i equals a one ton Chevy's towing capacity. my suburban is a tank,,the biggest thing i have towed was a 40' park model camper that was 12' wide...pulled if down the road just fine at 14,000 lbs..

sprink58 08-12-2012 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by mrfixxall (Post 3752244)
you wanna bet?? i have a older suburban and if you ordered it with the c6p package i equals a one ton Chevy's towing capacity. my suburban is a tank,,the biggest thing i have towed was a 40' park model camper that was 12' wide...pulled if down the road just fine at 14,000 lbs..

+1 I had a '89 Suburban 3500 with a 12" Eaton front and rear diff with a New Departure HD Transfer Case. It had a 454 with a Turbo 400...same one used in School Buses. It had hydraulic over vacuum power brakes and 8 lug wheels...3:73 gear. I used it to pull my '86 272 LS and I didn't know it was back there. I pulled regularly from Ft. Lauderdale to the Keys and I could stomp it from 60 and it would 2~3 shift at 90 @ 5500 RPM...would run 120 any day. The suspension was so stiff it rode like a dump truck.:evilb:

aquaforce 08-13-2012 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by ChargeIt (Post 3750490)

Have you owned a Suburban? It is the same as the comparable truck as far as chassis. My 2500 truck vs my 2500 Burb, with the same drivetrain, only differed in tow rating by the difference of the body weight. The suspensions were the same but the Burb rode smoother due to the body weight and distribution.
If it had a Dmax in the Burb it would be so much smoother, powerful, stable, efficient, etc,etc.
My dad's camper trailer didn't squat my 2500 Burb but his F350 squat 4". That is softer springs than my Burb but a dually has 3 stage springs and a Burb does not.

soldier4402 08-13-2012 01:38 PM

Ford tried this in the excursion and didnt sell many, im guessing they are not made for a reason

aquaforce 08-13-2012 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by soldier4402 (Post 3752693)
Ford tried this in the excursion and didnt sell many, im guessing they are not made for a reason

:evilb: :evilb:
Sorry I just can't resist...... that was a Ford effort. Just let Chevy try it and we will see what happens to sales. Chevy out sells Ford anyway. :daz: :evilb: :party-smiley-004:

Dd24skater 08-14-2012 05:58 AM

just bought a used 7.3 excursion a month ago.....so far love it!