Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
How much of a hit would an accident be on the selling price of a truck?? >

How much of a hit would an accident be on the selling price of a truck??

Notices

How much of a hit would an accident be on the selling price of a truck??

Old 08-13-2012, 07:19 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts
Default How much of a hit would an accident be on the selling price of a truck??

Looking at an 07 Avalanche Z71 4x4, they are listing it at what they are generally selling for around here but carfax show two accidents....one being rear quarter/front end accident and the other seems to be just a mirror on the drivers side door got damaged.....so question being how much below the avg retail selling price should it be? Only reason i ask is its the combo i ideally want but if the price aint there i will move on.

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 08-14-2012, 08:06 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

20%
Old 08-14-2012, 08:10 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Rear quarter on that truck means the body has been welded back together more than likely. I'd inspect it very carefully. Knowing where you live, this is where you will see rust sooner than later.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:35 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

this is a friend of mine, Mark, at his body shop..take the 6 minutes to watch the video, its not the wreck, its how good the repair is.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnDAqeo0Zoc&feature=player_embedded#![/YOUTUBE]
Old 08-14-2012, 08:59 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Make sure you look at it very carefully, have a second set of eyes with you. If you really like the truck you might miss something. Also see if it states Air Bags deployed on the car fax. You can also check another site called auto check might have more info on the report also. This will help determine the drop in value. I would figure between 2,000.00-4,000.00 off the price depending on what was repaired and how the work was done.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:42 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Thanks guys....thats more or less what i was figuring on.....its clean truck/repair but they feel they can get more then what its worth to me...oh well im in no rush so the search goes on

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 08-15-2012, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah 20% is crazy, just get it inspected. To be honest with you before car fax how many people bought crashed cars without knowing it? Also even know if somebody has it fixed without a ticket being issued or going through insurance you would never know. I backed into a tree and did 3k in damage to a brand new chevy. Never filed a police report and just went through insurance and that never showed up on car fax.

Crashes matter but you start talking 5 year old vehicles and such they are all used anyways,
Old 08-15-2012, 01:36 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

tis true....and to be honest i could care less as long as its all looks good and works properly...i was more going for a leverage standpoint to get abetter deal on it

Old 08-15-2012, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Wally
tis true....and to be honest i could care less as long as its all looks good and works properly...i was more going for a leverage standpoint to get abetter deal on it
yeah I think you could work a couple grand off it and use that arguement.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:50 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

they were only willing to drop it $1k off their asking price of $21,900! i told them to call me when they are ready to deal

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.