Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Trailer tire monitoring systems... >

Trailer tire monitoring systems...

Notices

Trailer tire monitoring systems...

Old 03-05-2013, 09:35 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Looking forward to ordering this system! Thanks for sharing. Will update as soon as I can. Installing on my Car hauler Ram and Triple axle 50ft trailer. Going to order the 12 tire system so I can monitor the spares, or use them as extras if a sensor goes bad!

Thanks
Old 03-16-2013, 08:25 PM
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just ordered mine! Planning on doing a lot of traveling this year! Looks like a nice system for some info on what's going on in real time as you travel down the road.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TJIndy280
Just ordered mine! Planning on doing a lot of traveling this year! Looks like a nice system for some info on what's going on in real time as you travel down the road.
Did you get the sensor that fits on the valve stem or inside the tires? I'm thinking the ones that go inside will be better especially on a boat trailer.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:40 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by skate
Did you get the sensor that fits on the valve stem or inside the tires? I'm thinking the ones that go inside will be better especially on a boat trailer.
I'm not aware of that option, but would agree.

An update on my system... I towed my boat to Florida from Maryland back in January. The system worked flawlessly. About 1 hour into the trip, I notice that one of the wheels had a tempurature that was creeping up a bit higher than the others. I ignored it because I hadd just gotten all ogf the bearings and tires replaced. Within 5 minutes smoke was pouring out of that wheel. I was stuck on the side of 95 for 4 hours while a truck repair service was fixing it. I either had a defective bearing or the jackazz that did the work screwed up.. don't know...

Anyway, a few observations about the system..
1) It's cool technology. There is no doubt about that.
2) Sometimes after dunking the trailer, It takes 5-10 minutes for the system to ackknowledge the sensor again. So far, they all still work.
3) It's unbelievable to see the temp difference that happens when the sun is shining on one side of the trailer vs. the other side that is in the shade. It's 20+ degrees
4) Would I spend the $$$ again on this system knowing what I know now? Yes

Craig
Old 03-17-2013, 09:39 AM
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skate
I didn't see that option until you mentioned it, but will call them Monday and switch to the ones inside the tire. That must be a new option, didn't see them a couple weeks ago.

Thanks for the update oldschool!
Old 03-17-2013, 09:48 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Craig...how much higher was the temp reading for the wheel assembly that failed before you noticed smoke?
Old 03-30-2013, 12:19 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for the update. I'm going to pull the trigger on the internal system. I'll up dated.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How are these systems working for everyone so far
Old 02-07-2015, 02:54 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ml#post4261844