Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Where to buy used snow plow?  Any ideas, tips, or sites? >

Where to buy used snow plow? Any ideas, tips, or sites?

Notices

Where to buy used snow plow? Any ideas, tips, or sites?

Old 08-26-2012, 11:04 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts
Default Where to buy used snow plow? Any ideas, tips, or sites?

I bought a 2000 Dodge 2500 a few weeks back for an errand/lumberyard truck. It wasn't my first choice, but I got a great deal on it, and it's starting to grow on me.

I was looking for a 1/2 ton truck, but now that I have this 3/4 ton truck, I might be interested in sticking a plow on it. We don't get a lot of snow, but when we do; VA/DC is a mess. I wouldn't mind having a plow if the price was right and it's a sound unit.

Any ideas where to find something that will bolt right on my truck? I'd like to find something that I won't have to monkey around with; direct bolt on ideally off of a like truck.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:13 PM
RL
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
I bought a 2000 Dodge 2500 a few weeks back for an errand/lumberyard truck. It wasn't my first choice, but I got a great deal on it, and it's starting to grow on me.

I was looking for a 1/2 ton truck, but now that I have this 3/4 ton truck, I might be interested in sticking a plow on it. We don't get a lot of snow, but when we do; VA/DC is a mess. I wouldn't mind having a plow if the price was right and it's a sound unit.

Any ideas where to find something that will bolt right on my truck? I'd like to find something that I won't have to monkey around with; direct bolt on ideally off of a like truck.
Don't know about your area, but around here they tend to show up on Craigslist when the weather starts getting cold. Be very careful buying a used one if you don't have first hand knowledge of the unit. Lots of things can go wrong and often do. Most important, be sure the undercarriage frame will match your truck frame, and the wiring harness will mate to your truck. I spent a season trying to find one when I was going to transfer a plow from one Chevy truck to another. Ended up buying a new plow. The undercarriage frames are very expensive to buy new. Good luck with your search.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:15 PM
Registered

Brain,

I have a real nice boss plow I'm going to be selling in the near future, comes with everything mounting, wiring etc. Selling because I'm not putting a plow on my new f250.

Andy
Old 09-01-2012, 02:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

Originally Posted by Sydwayz

Btw,,when you find what your looking for pm me the addy,i can tell by the pics what the mount looks like that fits your truck..some guys will try and pull off a universal mount that fits all trucks..
Im a sub dealer for western..i do perfer western for the parts availabilty but i also use to be a sub dealer for hiniker snoplows and to be honest i have had way less problems with hiniker compared to some of the stupid designs that western has..they are real easy to put on and you only have to drill 2 holes in the side of the frame..

check out like mentioned craigslist..another one is plowsite.com.. if you were closer a friend of mine is getting out of the plow biz and has a complete hiniker set up,8' plow with hand held control for 1000.00..came off a 2001 dodge 2500..also keep in mind the heavier the plow the faster your going trat up your lower ball joints..the heaviest one out their and the most difficult one to install is boss plows and blizzard,,they weigh like 200 more lbs then the other ones..stay away from meyers quick hitch and minute plows they fall off going down the highway..

Last edited by FIXX; 09-01-2012 at 03:09 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:36 PM
Registered

I started buying Boss plows about 5 years ago. I used to use Myers and find the Boss plows to be better built and easier to hook hook up to. Even I can do it by myself. As for the Boss being heavier, thats not an issue. My dear friend Brian has a Dodge 2500. I have a real truck.

BTW I did buy a 8.5 Western last year, and its a Beast.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:36 AM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 41 Posts

Craigslist is a good spot to look for one. I would look for a western ultra mount or boss rt3, there the 2 styles I run. There easy to take off or put on.