Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Burb vs. excursion, Gas, 4x4, buy which one? >

Burb vs. excursion, Gas, 4x4, buy which one?

Notices

Burb vs. excursion, Gas, 4x4, buy which one?

Old 11-29-2012, 03:19 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Where??
For $10K you`re gonna get a piece of junk, I payed double that for my 02 7.3l with 100K miles and that was the best deal around.
People are hanging on to the Diesel Ex. I dont ever plan on getting rid of mine...
That being said the two solid axles suck as far as ride quality, I`d go with the burb if its between gassers.

Running vegetable oil isn`t as easy as it sounds unless you got some time on your hands
No, I am in the market for one. They are $10-12K (that was what I wanted to pay) and I've looked at 3 of them. I think they probably have higher values up there. Dont forget, I am in Florida. They probably aren't as desirable here. The veg oil conversion kit is $2400 and has a heated tank and a crossover switch. A good friend has one and the primary reason for wanting to buy one. He runs his almost 100% on oil. We dont have temps like you and I assume that is why they may be more problematic. I have always liked them for some reason....
Old 11-30-2012, 09:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mpally
That's seems surprising. Some of the oldest dealers in the St. Louis area are Ford dealers. I have had a total of four Ford trucks (Explorers or F150) in the last 12 years and they have been great.
Agree, our Fords through the years have been awesome, easily hands down more reliable then our Dodge/GM's trucks which some were personal but most for business/work especially in fleets with various fam businesses. Never even really had issues with the 6.0 Powerstroke even when modded. One of our friends has a huge electrical contracting Firm and went from Dodge, to GM, to now full fleet of Fords and way happier then before (everything from single cab F-150s to HD diesel trucks). One of my own trucks I bought new has a 140k on it now, and literally the only thing that went was a window regulator, and that truck is modded too and driven hard.

But everyone is bound to have a bad experience with some company or another, I'm sure there are plenty that have great experience with the other two and not Ford.

Burbs def ride better then the Excursion, which drives like a bucking bronco, I swear it's harsher then the HD pickups. Always wished GM offered a Burb with the Duramax. Down here you actually see quite a few diesel Excursions around, I'm on the water and there's a couple I've seen (one nice and lifted) in my neighborhood.

Last edited by Quicksilver; 11-30-2012 at 10:04 AM.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:13 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Keith Atlanta
Dont forget, I am in Florida. They probably aren't as desirable here.
I agree, I moved to Texas from south florida and trucks and supersized suvs definately are more expensive here especially 4x4s. mostly because 95% of people drive one , In south florida Id say it was more like 20% of people drove a truck or supersized suvs.
If I had 5+ kids I would drive a full size one ton diesel passenger van hands down.Way easier to get in and out of,more room than any suv and great tow vehicles.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:54 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Quicksilver
Agree, our Fords through the years have been awesome, easily hands down more reliable then our Dodge/GM's trucks which some were personal but most for business/work especially in fleets with various fam businesses. Never even really had issues with the 6.0 Powerstroke even when modded. One of our friends has a huge electrical contracting Firm and went from Dodge, to GM, to now full fleet of Fords and way happier then before (everything from single cab F-150s to HD diesel trucks). One of my own trucks I bought new has a 140k on it now, and literally the only thing that went was a window regulator, and that truck is modded too and driven hard.

But everyone is bound to have a bad experience with some company or another, I'm sure there are plenty that have great experience with the other two and not Ford.

Burbs def ride better then the Excursion, which drives like a bucking bronco, I swear it's harsher then the HD pickups. Always wished GM offered a Burb with the Duramax. Down here you actually see quite a few diesel Excursions around, I'm on the water and there's a couple I've seen (one nice and lifted) in my neighborhood.
Can't disagree with you. Everyone has horror stories about every car company. I've always been a Chevy man--on my 6th Bowtie truck and never had a single problem with any. I do like the 7.3 Diesel Excursion.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:02 AM
Registered

Definately made the right choice with another 8.1, the Excursions aren't bad rigs with the 7.3 powerstroke, but good luck finding one, the 6.8 doesn't hold a candle to the big block chev, even after you put a blower on it... Besides, easier to have 2 identical vehicles, no reason to mess with success...
Old 12-01-2012, 09:49 AM
Registered

SUB hands down.....had a couple of friends that had V10 excursions....lucky to get 8-9mpg not towing....on a good day !!!!
Old 12-01-2012, 04:42 PM
Registered

I had heard that the milage would be 1 or 2 mpg worse, sounds like that is optimistic at best.

I did NOT know about the ride quality, thought the X would have been better. Have to admit that the 2500 burb rides really nice empty. Will have to post pics of the burb fleet when I get it home

The other reason for getting the 2nd 3/4 ton burb is it sets me up for a larger boat in the future! Didn't tell the wife about that one.... Hehehehe...

Last edited by befu; 12-01-2012 at 04:45 PM.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:32 PM
Registered

Talking

Originally Posted by ezstriper
SUB hands down.....had a couple of friends that had V10 excursions....lucky to get 8-9mpg not towing....on a good day !!!!
I had mine for 5 yrs towed like crap. sucked fuel like no tomorrow, weak power. never a problem ever mechanically.

so happy its gone.......and im a ford guy !
Old 12-02-2012, 08:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by plumbers crack
I had mine for 5 yrs towed like crap. sucked fuel like no tomorrow, weak power. never a problem ever mechanically.

so happy its gone.......and im a ford guy !
That says a lot! Glad I went with burb. At least until I can afford a diesel.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.