Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Need An Aluminum Trailer, Any Suggestions? >

Need An Aluminum Trailer, Any Suggestions?

Notices

Need An Aluminum Trailer, Any Suggestions?

Old 10-10-2013, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 790 Likes on 372 Posts

Skip the low end bolt together trailers...I.e. venture, load rite. They cut too many corners. I'd go with all american, hi tech, slide on, or real extreme.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by T-RAV
http://www.texallaluminum.com

A lot of the fishing guys on 2coolfishing say this guy builds a good trailer. Anyone know about the. For performance boats, he quoted me 4800 for trip/12k trailer. Might be one to check out Tw.
Travis, this place is about 5 minutes from me off 105. Never been there or seen it. Was going to check it out and see about them doing a couple of repairs on my Heritage but haven't made it there yet. That's a cheap price on the quote.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:14 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by firehill19
Travis, this place is about 5 minutes from me off 105. Never been there or seen it. Was going to check it out and see about them doing a couple of repairs on my Heritage but haven't made it there yet. That's a cheap price on the quote.
Yep all the fishing guys rave about their trailers, seems like a good deal. Stainless bolts, torsion axels, spare tire, etc... I like the fact he is local too. I saw pictures of him doing welded bunks also so I want to check into that to see if its standard or not. I will get up there and check out there stuff before I commit though.
Old 10-13-2013, 04:01 PM
Registered

Owens and sons is local to me ( Tampa bay) and build a great trailer.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:43 AM
Registered

Thanks for all the great feed back!

I decided to go with a painted Manning trailer and Matt was great to deal with, as was most that I called. It is coming with everything we wanted/needed all the boats we have owned the trailer was always the weakest link, hopefully now it will not be.

I will try and post some pictures when we get it and thanks again.
Old 10-15-2013, 01:18 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

I have 3 Mannings built for 3 different boats and all have worked and turned out great.
Old 10-15-2013, 01:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

As a trailer dealer Manning his hard to beat on prices. I sell Phoenix, Heritage, Haul Rite and Nextrail right now.

I have Rick's Heritage steel tandem axle trailer for sale and it shows like new.
Attached Thumbnails Need An Aluminum Trailer, Any Suggestions?-dsc01513-medium-.jpg   Need An Aluminum Trailer, Any Suggestions?-dsc01514-medium-.jpg   Need An Aluminum Trailer, Any Suggestions?-dsc01515-medium-.jpg  

Need An Aluminum Trailer, Any Suggestions?-dsc01516-medium-.jpg   Need An Aluminum Trailer, Any Suggestions?-dsc01517-medium-.jpg  
Old 10-29-2013, 09:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eddie
As a trailer dealer Manning his hard to beat on prices. I sell Phoenix, Heritage, Haul Rite and Nextrail right now.

I have Rick's Heritage steel tandem axle trailer for sale and it shows like new.
Too bad it wasn't 10' longer and another axle under it!
Old 10-31-2013, 08:59 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a south florida aluminum trailer triple axle I have my cafe on it I would perfer a steel trailer though.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by eddie

I should have waxed the leaf springs before I dropped it off and is that bird cr@p on the spare tire!

Originally Posted by Irishtornado
Too bad it wasn't 10' longer and another axle under it!
I thought you were boat-less?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.