Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
2015 Ford Super Duty Official Announcement | 440HP 860Ft Lbs Torque! >

2015 Ford Super Duty Official Announcement | 440HP 860Ft Lbs Torque!

Notices

2015 Ford Super Duty Official Announcement | 440HP 860Ft Lbs Torque!

Old 03-06-2014, 09:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Usually the dodge guys are deleting those rigs right from the showroom as they should , and with a non wastegated turbo thats not good and ever so slightly lifts the head , I wouldn,t compare these to a 6.0 ford no way !!!
Old 03-06-2014, 03:12 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can tell you this, the 6.7 is a crap shoot...almost as bad as the 6.0....had several tell me nothing but issues and ford looking the other way...other no issues at all....
Old 03-06-2014, 04:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ill just say this, a good friend is the service manager at the dealer down the street and he said they've replaced one long block but other than that never had any real problems with them. If you work with your dealer they'll usually work with you. My 6.0 had a bad injector so i bought the others at their cost and they put them in for an hour of labor. Now if you walk in guns a blazin chances are they'll tell you to go pound salt. I've been impressed with the trucks and service both. I mustve bought a good one because with 135k and the sct never leaving hot race other than to tow the boat and a 64mm turbo i haven't had a lick of trouble with my 6.0. A little maintenance goes a long way!
Old 03-06-2014, 05:08 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Ford can keep it. Ill keep my GMs.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:04 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rbesola
Ill just say this, a good friend is the service manager at the dealer down the street and he said they've replaced one long block but other than that never had any real problems with them. If you work with your dealer they'll usually work with you. My 6.0 had a bad injector so i bought the others at their cost and they put them in for an hour of labor. Now if you walk in guns a blazin chances are they'll tell you to go pound salt. I've been impressed with the trucks and service both. I mustve bought a good one because with 135k and the sct never leaving hot race other than to tow the boat and a 64mm turbo i haven't had a lick of trouble with my 6.0. A little maintenance goes a long way!
I worked for ford for 17 years, issues with the dealers may in fact NOT be the dealers, but the factory rep that covers that dealer/area, they dictate what they can and cannot do for the most part...if a dealer has a tightass rep...the customer is screwed...you would not believe what they make you do....
Old 03-07-2014, 07:27 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ezstriper
Can tell you this, the 6.7 is a crap shoot...almost as bad as the 6.0....had several tell me nothing but issues and ford looking the other way...other no issues at all....
REALLY??? Cause NOBODY I know that owns one that had a 6.0 or anyone that works in a Ford service garage would say that.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GoFastSonic
Mine was great to until it destroyed a valve with 80000 miles. No chip no tuner no exhaust complete stock and Ford decided instead of a long block they only needed 1 poison 1 rod and 1 head to bandaid it up and send me siren the road, after sitting in a dealer for nearly a month the truck made it less then 100 miles and broke down again. Ford has 0 customer service and 0 customer loyalty. They have been dicking people over for 10 years with all these new motors. If it isn't broke don't fix it? That's why they're on there 4 design change since some ****ing genius said let's get rid of the 7.3?
that 7.3 aint nothing compared to the 6.7 . have both in garage . 6.7 blows the 7.3 away not even a comparison ..
Old 03-07-2014, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GoFastSonic
Hp and Torque are great but fords customer service or should I say lack of is what is there bigest problem. After years of same old problems with failed motors and half ass fixes they need to invest in what people realy care about. That is being able to use the truck for what it was intended for without countless run arounds with dealers and warranty issues. Ford blew it with thousnads of loyal customers over the past 10 years and they could invent a bullet proof motor and put it in a truck equiped with evey option out there but they wont ever see another dime from me!!!! And there are lots of other people that feel the same way. My years of loyality for ford ended when they stuck that $50,000 dually up my ass last year!!!
AND FYI that was my 13th ford truck and that isnt counting all the ford cars>
I had the exact opposite experience. GM refusing to warranty first gen dmax injectors, I bought the truck new for 50k. Not too mention all the little electronic and brake problems I had. GM lost a class action law suit on the first gen, and had to extend the warranty. I purchased a 2006 f350 Harley as my next. Sure the 6.0 had problems, but they always fixed them, never questioned my mods and lift kit, and even replaced the entire engine with 2 months left in my warranty.

I fought with gm, their cs line, and regional rep when my truck needed a $6000 repair at 38k miles that no one would cover. I replaced the injectors myself with units from billy dog that fixed the problem. Gm will never get my money again
Old 03-07-2014, 08:10 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ROB FREEMAN
that 7.3 aint nothing compared to the 6.7 . have both in garage . 6.7 blows the 7.3 away not even a comparison ..
I agree. I hear more people saying the 7.3 was the best engine ever. It would be out performed by today's GAS engines, the new deisels just simply destroy it.

Chevy should bring back the 6.5 as well
Old 03-07-2014, 09:38 PM
Registered

Received 239 Likes on 92 Posts

So here's how I see it I had a 07 Duramax 2500 nice truck, had what I thought was good power. then at work we took delivery of the new 6.7 F-350 in May of 2010, I was sold, it was a very impressive truck. so I bought a 2011 for my self , then a 2012, I just ordered a new 2014 dually for work and we will keep both, our first f-350 has 125K completely trouble free miles pulling a 50 Ft enclosed car hauler all around the Midwest, and the Rockies, My trucks yank my boat around with no effort 14,650 lbs with 250 gallons of fuel and weekend gear/beer. Absolutely Awesome Trucks! For what its worth! I'm ready for the GM/Dodge bull$hit so let it fly

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.