Notices

To Lift Or Not To Lift

Old 03-27-2014, 03:10 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RogerThat99
I hung out with Kent that owns KORE for a few days at Desert Storm last year. I would do the lift / leveling and put airbags on the truck.
I called KORE. Didn't speak to Kent. But whoever I spoke with was extremely informative. I agree with you. A level kit with airbags. Thanks for the info!
Old 03-27-2014, 03:11 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by wannabe
I would not put a 6 " lift on a truck thats pulling 14,000 lbs or so. Maybe 2 inch.
I agree with you. I need at least 3 though for the wheel/tire combo I'd like.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:19 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Additionally, unfortunately KORE does not have an application for the 14 Ram yet. Apparently the 14 has a radial or radius arm in place of some other arm that was on previous years. I have no clue what any of it means. One piece of advise they gave was to not get a spacer level kit. Make sure and replace the spring. Wish they had something ready for my truck. I really felt comfortable with the guy I spoke to.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wannabe
I would not put a 6 " lift on a truck thats pulling 14,000 lbs or so. Maybe 2 inch. Frankly the big and bad look is stupid IMHO but I am an old fart at 59.....
I had a 6" lift on my F-350 and towed 12,000 lbs all the time with no problem. I had to make an emergency stop twice and with the integrated brake and tow/haul mode. It downshifted, applied pulse braking to the trailer (similar to anit-locks), and used a quasi engine brake and came to a stop quickly.

One time I coming down a grade in the rain and got it stopped with the trailer cord unplugged so no trailer brakes (unknown to me at the time).
Old 03-27-2014, 04:21 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 592 Likes on 272 Posts
[ATTACH=CONFIG]521064[/ATTACH]

Problem Solved!!
Attached Thumbnails To Lift Or Not To Lift-img_7718.jpg  
Old 03-27-2014, 08:03 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Quinlan
Problem Solved!!
I couldn't agree more! I was shopping for an F650. My girl's father talked me out of it. For the 72K I spent on a 14, loaded, ordered, mega cab, dually, longhorn, I would've had a much older F650. His biggest argument was the lack of 4WD with the majority of F650's. So I bought a brand new truck with the same exact motor as the new F650's.
Old 03-28-2014, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

you can actually air up the airbags and raise the ass end a bit. I did that on my old truck. Although you can't do that as the main lift to clear tires, just to bring the ass up when you are towing. But I would leave it aired up to solve the issue with the leveling kit making the front end higher.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

I wouldn't lift it especially with the new front end design. That just means
NONE of the lift companies have worked all the kinks out.

Properly lifting a truck and getting the suspension and steering Geomotry correct is near Impossible....especially with the budget of an aftermarket lift company.

The added weight of the tires and wheels really hurt the overall braking, ride, handling and towing.

I would upgrade to wheels and tires that fit with minor fender trimming. Rams have huge wheel wells. Make sure its all direct bolt on and DO NOT use rear wheel spacers.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

X2 on what offshorexcursion said. Sucks that they went to a radius arm system, I would bet that the premier lift manufacturers will develop a 4 link kit for the 14 and up truck. Either wait for a well engineered kit or just run what you have. Sounds like you have one hell of a truck there! Congrats
Old 03-29-2014, 09:42 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 454captiva
X2 on what offshorexcursion said. Sucks that they went to a radius arm system, I would bet that the premier lift manufacturers will develop a 4 link kit for the 14 and up truck.
So 4 Link system means it accommodates the radius arm change with the 13 and 14 rams? Here is one. Would you trust this... http://bds-suspension.com/product?ma...=2013&kid=697H

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.