Notices

To Lift Or Not To Lift

Old 03-29-2014, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Not bad but blocks in the rear SUCK! More leverage for axle wrap which equals worse towing. But most lift leaf springs are designed to flex more for off road not haul more. Your sorta screwed no matter what when lifting and towing.

Don't forget you will need air bag spacers to match your lift kit.
Old 03-29-2014, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

The main goal of a lift kit in today's real world

Room for larger tires to improve looks.

Better off road capability suspension travel and flex

Getting the look is easy EVERYTHING else the lift company tells you is marketing!

You rarely see any true off road vehicle running off the shelf kits. Most competition build their suspension from much higher end parts and customer Fabrication. So if the lift companies can't even make a bolt on kit go off road properly how are they going to design a kit that tows and rides properly? Not going to happen at those prices....
Old 03-29-2014, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by drypipetiger
So 4 Link system means it accommodates the radius arm change with the 13 and 14 rams? Here is one. Would you trust this... http://bds-suspension.com/product?ma...=2013&kid=697H
A well designed 4 link will maintain caster angle when the vehicle is lifted above stock height.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:26 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

All I can say is I've been running my Fabtech 6" lift for 6 years and over 90K miles. Been towing 9000 lbs. with it for the same time period. Very happy with it and I've never had a problem. In fact, I still haven't replaced my front brakes at 90K miles! I'm running 35" tires. Everyone has their own opinion on lifting but from my experience, I'd do the same thing when I get my next truck. I also have blocks in the rear.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:32 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MonkeySea2
All I can say is I've been running my Fabtech 6" lift for 6 years and over 90K miles. Been towing 9000 lbs. with it for the same time period. Very happy with it and I've never had a problem. In fact, I still haven't replaced my front brakes at 90K miles! I'm running 35" tires. Everyone has their own opinion on lifting but from my experience, I'd do the same thing when I get my next truck. I also have blocks in the rear.
Do you have a dually?
Old 03-30-2014, 10:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've always lifted my trucks immediately and towed up to 20k lbs. and never had a problem, never left them stock till this one that I have now, it's no lie about the difference, of a lifted vs. stock which I can vouch for first hand, I would not use the term pros and cons to explain the differences because it is pretty sweet to see a properly lifted truck, so at the end of the day I think it's preference. I bought my denali hd because a few years ago I didn't see them that often but now much more common so I'm thinking lift now just cause I prefer something different. Air bags with an on board air compressor is the way to go for towing but I also like them cause with just a few lbs. of air it gives a better ride. Enjoy the new truck either way.
Old 03-30-2014, 02:57 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

I couldn't agree more! I was shopping for an F650. My girl's father talked me out of it. For the 72K I spent on a 14, loaded, ordered, mega cab, dually, longhorn, I would've had a much older F650. His biggest argument was the lack of 4WD with the majority of F650's. So I bought a brand new truck with the same exact motor as the new F650's.
72K for a Dodge truck is insane! (insane for any truck).
Old 03-30-2014, 03:01 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
72K for a Dodge truck is insane! (insane for any truck).
Perhaps! But hey, nothing is as good of an investment as a boat! :P Every possible option with the exception of a CD player and the smokers package which consists of an ashtray and lighter. The interior is mind-blowing. I'm quite pleased with my purchase.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:07 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Perhaps! But hey, nothing is as good of an investment as a boat! :P Every possible option with the exception of a CD player and the smokers package which consists of an ashtray and lighter. The interior is mind-blowing. I'm quite pleased with my purchase.
haha, no enjoy the truck but it just seemed like a huge number to me!

Just can't believe there is a 30K spread between these two trucks (same brand, same motor, same year, just trim level packages!)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Ram-35...US_Cars_Trucks

Love the blue color!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Ram-35...US_Cars_Trucks

Interior is great in this one but you could buy a whole other truck for the price difference!
Old 03-30-2014, 03:20 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

No, my truck is a Chevy 2500 HD. But I know a guy who has a lifted F350 Dually and tows a Cigarette with it. He's had it at least as long as I've had mine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.