Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Anyone running a 14/15 sierra 5.3/3.42 >

Anyone running a 14/15 sierra 5.3/3.42

Notices

Anyone running a 14/15 sierra 5.3/3.42

Old 12-24-2014, 10:01 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 88242LS
Thought I would update this, I ended up pulling the trigger on a leftover 14, so far except for few design issues I love it, will have to wait until the spring to see about towing,

Very nice 88!!!
So does this mean we can add you to the guest list for the NJ Rendezvous now????
Old 12-24-2014, 12:29 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

glad the trip went well, I am unsure, my wife has a vegas trip planned this year for her work, depends on what that will cost, and if she has any vacation time left, but the Rendezvous is high on my list!
Old 12-25-2014, 05:59 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Great looking truck, but it's not white
Old 12-25-2014, 07:14 PM
Registered

Lol thanks masi, ya I know quite a change up, after the white 05, 2 white trans AM's and our white grand Prix I thought I'd switch it up lol, might not look as good while towing the boat..
Old 12-27-2014, 07:50 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thought I would update this, I ended up pulling the trigger on a leftover 14, so far except for few design issues I love it, will have to wait until the spring to see about towing,

Nice truck! What are these design issues you speak of?
I was at a stoplight on a hill the other day and the hill start assist activated. I can already predict I'm gonna like that feature when launching the boat.
Old 12-27-2014, 08:02 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Had to take a couple glamour shots!!

Old 12-27-2014, 10:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Speedracer29
Nice truck! What are these design issues you speak of?
I was at a stoplight on a hill the other day and the hill start assist activated. I can already predict I'm gonna like that feature when launching the boat.
1. Yes the headlights are not great, head my first issue with a deer today coming around a corner saw the deer until the truck went around the corner could not see the deer to tell if he was on the move,, I know a dead horse, they are fine in the city, I did drive one at night before purchase and I still purchased,

2. And this might be my biggest gripe, why is the radio/my link not on a separate dimmer then the dash dimmer, I love a bright dash especially the sweet dash on these trucks, but the radio is to bright and bothersome at night, might be real bothersome when it comes time to back boat in,

3. Well thats just great the stupid lighting in the cabin is horrible, why is there not a center roof light that lights up the cab? the reading lights point at my knees, the rear lights point at there knee's so if i am looking for something in the console, or heaven forbid trying to use it as a desk, forget it,
Old 12-27-2014, 11:01 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

1. Yes the headlights are not great, head my first issue with a deer today coming around a corner saw the deer until the truck went around the corner could not see the deer to tell if he was on the move,, I know a dead horse, they are fine in the city, I did drive one at night before purchase and I still purchased,

2. And this might be my biggest gripe, why is the radio/my link not on a separate dimmer then the dash dimmer, I love a bright dash especially the sweet dash on these trucks, but the radio is to bright and bothersome at night, might be real bothersome when it comes time to back boat in,

3. Well thats just great the stupid lighting in the cabin is horrible, why is there not a center roof light that lights up the cab? the reading lights point at my knees, the rear lights point at there knee's so if i am looking for something in the console, or heaven forbid trying to use it as a desk, forget it,
Some valid gripes!

I ordered a set of HID to solve the headlight issue. With the standard halogen they suck! I also performed the mod to keep the fogs on with the high beams

I bet you can pop the screen out and wire a pot to the dimmer wire for the radio. Agree that GM should have done this from the factory! Another thought is if you had brighter headlights you might not notice how bright the screen is!
Old 12-27-2014, 05:16 PM
Registered

Update, found a set of the 6" boards on craigs, bought a set of mudflaps, installed both today, gotta get a tonneau and probably upgrade to the A/T 20's eventually

Old 12-27-2014, 05:35 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The conventional headlights were one of the reasons I went with the Silverado. All of the Sierras I liked on the lot had projectors, and I live on deer alley in BFE. My wife's Mustang has projectors and I hate driving that thing after dark around here.
The other reasons were: country music songs never mention Sierras, and I can't keep the Ford/Chevy debate going with my neighbor if I'm driving a GMC.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.