Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Any Car Wholesalers ...Input ? Honda Ridgeline or a Toyota Tacoma... >

Any Car Wholesalers ...Input ? Honda Ridgeline or a Toyota Tacoma...

Notices

Any Car Wholesalers ...Input ? Honda Ridgeline or a Toyota Tacoma...

Old 11-19-2014, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Car Wholesalers ...Input ? Honda Ridgeline or a Toyota Tacoma...

Through the great people of this OSO Board i found a beautiful 29 Powerquest last year and I want to say tanks for that !

I have a 2004 Accord with 262,000 on it and i am tired of it and want a Toyota Tacoma or a Honda Ridgeline have to be 4x4. Problem is that here in MI if you see one in a lot they are gone being that there are not that many of them around.

Anyone know of a good wholesaler or some one who is good at a Good dealership that is not in Michigan ? i would rather go to the west or south to get one that as no been in all of this salt. I ave 20k to spend and I am not a Tire kicker.

hot me a E mail at

[email protected]

Thanks,

Steve
Old 11-19-2014, 12:54 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

https://www.facebook.com/geoff.wanamaker?fref=ts

OSO member & owns a couple dealerships in Southern Maryland including Toyota.

BobbyB works for him:
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/members/bobbyb.html
Old 11-19-2014, 03:36 PM
Registered

I have a Georgia dealer and own several used lots. I'd be happy to help. Take care.
Old 11-19-2014, 03:58 PM
Registered

ok Doodie, that is what im am talking about.

Steve
Old 11-19-2014, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You are the first person I know that actually "wants" a ridgeline....
Old 11-19-2014, 11:05 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

I cant hold my tongue.......

Honda and Toyota drivers are the WORST (been tracking my many miles on the road the past few years)

and I cant stand the brands either!

Surprised that a offshore powerboater would even consider a ridgeline

Tacoma, fun off road trucks, yeah, Rusty frames, yeah, but not really a great tow vehicle

Not trying to bash so please dont take it to heart. Good luck on your search, happy to see the power of OSO reach out to help.

Don't be scared to test drive and consider some other vehicles that will haul your boat much better

Just a quick guess here but a 29 PQ loaded on a trailer weighs more then either of those can tow.........

Last edited by offshorexcursion; 11-19-2014 at 11:12 PM.
Old 11-19-2014, 11:37 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Go with the Toyota. Much better resale value.
Old 11-19-2014, 11:53 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
I cant hold my tongue.......

Honda and Toyota drivers are the WORST (been tracking my many miles on the road the past few years)

and I cant stand the brands either!

Surprised that a offshore powerboater would even consider a ridgeline

Tacoma, fun off road trucks, yeah, Rusty frames, yeah, but not really a great tow vehicle

Not trying to bash so please dont take it to heart. Good luck on your search, happy to see the power of OSO reach out to help.

Don't be scared to test drive and consider some other vehicles that will haul your boat much better

Just a quick guess here but a 29 PQ loaded on a trailer weighs more then either of those can tow.........
It appears he is looking for a daily driver to get through the snow...not pull his boat.....
Old 11-20-2014, 07:20 AM
Registered

If you're going with a daily driver I would go Ridgeline over Tacoma. I owned a tacoma double cab trd sport 4x4 for two years and couldn't take it any longer. Averaged 15 mpg and the damn things don't have any decent options on them. If you put more than 600 lbs in the bed the will sag. Mine did and I even had the upgraded leaf spring pkg that you got with the TSB done. Ridgeline is going to ride a ton better and have a long list of standard features. Will get better mpg. Great in snow and have good storage. Not ideal for towing anything over 3800lbs but as a daily driver they are great. I can keep an eye out for you if I get any in on trade. The only two I have on the lot currently is a 2013 RT-L for around 28k and a 2006 with 144k miles for 12k. I run the used car dept @ a big Honda dealer down here in columbus.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:12 AM
Registered

Yea, i have a trailer for my PQ but i will not use the Ridgeline to pull a 29PQ i have a good 1/2 ton GMC if i ever have the need to pull it anywere.
I have to favor a Ridgeline because my 2004 Accord has been such a great vehicle it has the v6 and is fast as hell for what it is.

My reasoning is that with my appartment buildings i can put my tools in the back and haul simple things.

Thanks

Steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.