Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Any Car Wholesalers ...Input ? Honda Ridgeline or a Toyota Tacoma... >

Any Car Wholesalers ...Input ? Honda Ridgeline or a Toyota Tacoma...

Notices

Any Car Wholesalers ...Input ? Honda Ridgeline or a Toyota Tacoma...

Old 11-22-2014, 08:09 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you thought of buying a Ford, or a GM with a vin# that starts with #1
Old 11-22-2014, 08:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by relaxing
have you thought of buying a ford, or a gm with a vin# that starts with #1
ha!
Old 11-22-2014, 09:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My GMC is for a different business... i may go that route. I just love the fact that my Accord is at 262k and i just put a starter on it, it has no rust and drives as good as the day i bought it back in 04...now yes plugs, timing belt but it has been a great car. I have heard to many bad things about the 5.3 motors that are in the trucks that they are burning a ton of oil with that Displacement on Demand. When i was at the Woodward Dream Cruise i really like the Colorado tuck with the diesel .... now that looks to be a hell of a truck.
Old 11-23-2014, 03:07 PM
Registered

Get a custom tune or even a hand held tuner and you can disable the DOD.

Even IF the 5.3 had problems, it would still be more expensive to buy/drive/maintain another vehicle
Old 11-23-2014, 06:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by powerqrudy
My GMC is for a different business... i may go that route. I just love the fact that my Accord is at 262k and i just put a starter on it, it has no rust and drives as good as the day i bought it back in 04...now yes plugs, timing belt but it has been a great car. I have heard to many bad things about the 5.3 motors that are in the trucks that they are burning a ton of oil with that Displacement on Demand. When i was at the Woodward Dream Cruise i really like the Colorado tuck with the diesel .... now that looks to be a hell of a truck.
Your going to hear stories about every make and models that have multiple miles with no issues. That's just the way it works. My only thing is living in Michigan with the American auto industry in are back yard, I just like playing for the home team and not the visitors. I make sure that I only buy GM or Ford with the vin# starting in #1, which tells me its made somewhere here in the U.S. and my money stays with in our economy, not those who brought you Pearl Harbor.
You can buy a lemon from every Manufacture out there building cars, some more then others.
Old 11-24-2014, 06:54 AM
Registered

Received 881 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by Relaxing
Your going to hear stories about every make and models that have multiple miles with no issues. That's just the way it works. My only thing is living in Michigan with the American auto industry in are back yard, I just like playing for the home team and not the visitors. I make sure that I only buy GM or Ford with the vin# starting in #1, which tells me its made somewhere here in the U.S. and my money stays with in our economy, not those who brought you Pearl Harbor.
You can buy a lemon from every Manufacture out there building cars, some more then others.
His 2004 Honda was more than likely built in Ohio......

I have owned over a dozen brand new GM/GMC trucks/SUVs over the years and bought my first Ford a few years back because all the 1500 crew cabs were made in Mexico so I hear you on the Made in America plea. Ford was assembled in Dearborn (F150). I bought another stripper Silverado last December and it was made in Indiana.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:46 AM
Registered

Not sure where the ridge line is made , isn't the Tacoma made in Texas at the same plant the tundra is assembled
Old 11-24-2014, 06:21 PM
Registered

yes i totally agree.. My wife works for a supplier. Of our 6 vehicles 1 is a Honda.

2 Fords
2 GMC
1 Honda
1 Buick

I just really Love the reliability of the Honda product for what i need it for. That 4.3 i had in a old GMC work truck is still going at 337K ..now the body and frame is a different story.
Old 11-24-2014, 06:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,029 Likes on 1,347 Posts

Originally Posted by powerqrudy

That 4.3 i had in a old GMC work truck is still going at 337K ..now the body and frame is a different story.
You need to call GM and get that thing in a commercial, Id luv to hear that this fire up at 0* bet it sounds like the pistons are swappin holes, LMAO, get what ever you want its your money but buy American built
Old 11-25-2014, 06:00 AM
Registered

ridgelines are made in alabama with the pilot since they share the same chassis. tacomas are now made in the san antonio plant along side the tundras. 2011 and older ones were either built in texas or tijuana.

Last edited by diesel30; 11-25-2014 at 06:05 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.