Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Trucks, Trailers and Transportation (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/trucks-trailers-transportation-159/)
-   -   Question: Putting the Boat and Trailer on the Market In Feb (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/trucks-trailers-transportation/320574-question-putting-boat-trailer-market-feb.html)

TW720HVY 11-27-2014 04:07 PM

Question: Putting the Boat and Trailer on the Market In Feb

We are going to put the boat on the market in Feb '15 and have a question regarding the trailer. As some know I just had a Manning Marine built exactly a year ago The trailer is painted aluminum with a bow ladder, 4 wheel EoH brakes, 16" wheels and spare. I have worked the bugs out of it with new inner seals and had the bearings repacked and along with new wheels. The trailer has only been in the water 4 times for 2 outings.

I paid $11,000 for it and I am trying to figure out a fair price for it since NADA doesn't have an option for boat trailer manufactures not to mention a welded aluminum option. I know I'm not going to get what I paid for it and I am not going split the trailer and boat for a sale.

What is everyone's thoughts on this? What is a reasonable price in an economy that feels everything should be given away when it's for sale?

Rattlesnake Jake 11-27-2014 06:57 PM

List it for sale with & without the trailer. Don't think many willing to pay 11K for a trailer for a 26' boat even if it is a Manning.
GLWS

Pwraddr 11-27-2014 07:57 PM

I think most would expect a trailer with a 26 boat. I saw your other post about the boat too. Run the boat and trailer through NADA boats with no options and list it.

Things don't sell for 2 reasons, it's a POS or overpriced.

Headers and manning trailer just sell the boat, not something you charge more for IMO.

TW720HVY 11-27-2014 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Jake (Post 4226497)
List it for sale with & without the trailer. Don't think many willing to pay 11K for a trailer for a 26' boat even if it is a Manning.
GLWS

Yeah, it is either all or nothing.

Originally Posted by Pwraddr (Post 4226524)
I think most would expect a trailer with a 26 boat. I saw your other post about the boat too. Run the boat and trailer through NADA boats with no options and list it.

Things don't sell for 2 reasons, it's a POS or overpriced.

Headers and manning trailer just sell the boat, not something you charge more for IMO.

Thanks Keith for the reply and I think you're right about options.

It is certainly not a POS so I have that going for me and but the NADA with a trailer is around $70,000(average retail) which I am sure will be way over priced in the eyes of most.

Pwraddr 11-28-2014 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by TW720HVY (Post 4226536)
Yeah, it is either all or nothing.

Thanks Keith for the reply and I think you're right about options.

It is certainly not a POS so I have that going for me and but the NADA with a trailer is around $70,000(average retail) which I am sure will be way over priced in the eyes of most.

Yea, I tend to agree but you never know. There will be someone that is looking for a smaller boat, maybe they don't have a big enough tow vehicle, maybe they want to fit in their garage or outbuilding. Do a search and see what Similiar are listed for, try to be in the middle area or a tad over the median least price. You can always go down....just don't pprice it so high that people think it is way out of their reach.

TW720HVY 11-28-2014 08:54 AM

Here is something else to consider, this was the only 2011 26OL built.

So there is nothing out there to compare year to year, there is a 2007 listed in our classified section for $55,000 that is currently getting detailed. :poopoo: