Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Texas Trailer Safety Inspection? >

Texas Trailer Safety Inspection?

Notices

Texas Trailer Safety Inspection?

Old 12-05-2014, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wobble
Starting in March no more stickers for cars, not sure about trailers

Great, just as I am trying to figure all this crAAp out here in Texas they are changing it! Tax office for plates, service station for safety inspection, TXDMV for title issues, TXDPS for driver's license and Texas Parks and Wildlife for boat registration. WTF TEXAS!!! I thought it was supposed to be better in Texas and not like all those other pu$$y Liberal States.

The way the picture has been painted outside of Texas is that everyone does what ever the F they want to all the while not paying taxes. Well that is not at all the case and bureaucracy is very much alive and well here in Texas.

Should been with me when I transferred my CDL to Texas... that was a dog and pony show that took all day. But the good news is I got it taken care of.

I am now off to try on some cowboy hats and boots for this year's Houston Rodeo.

Last edited by TW720HVY; 12-05-2014 at 11:09 AM.
Old 01-20-2015, 07:59 PM
Registered

I believe this is only required if the trailer is over 4500lbs. That would mean its a titled trailer. If your signature is up to date and you have a26 outlaw your trailer is not 4500lbs.
Old 01-21-2015, 08:09 AM
Registered

It is based of of "gross weight" and while an empty boat trailer may be below 4,500lbs, but with a loaded boat it is well above 4,500lbs. Our trailer is a Manning with a 10,000lbs gross weight and our old Heritage had a gross weight of 7,500lbs.

The trailer is inspected and it was not a big deal, just time consuming.
Old 01-21-2015, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You ought to try getting a new title for a over 4500 gvwr trailer . Its like the lottery . Many will enter few will win
Old 01-21-2015, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

When I registered mine I told the lady my gross weight of my trailer, she smiled and said "Noooo I bet it's this weight that doesn't need an inspection." I told her I bet she's right and I was mistaken. Done deal.