Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Trailer jack seems very much broken >

Trailer jack seems very much broken

Notices

Trailer jack seems very much broken

Old 05-04-2015, 12:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trailer jack seems very much broken

Gents,
I have a Manning trailer (2000 model) for a 36' Baja Outlaw. The jack handle is very easy to turn, but it doesn't raise or lower the trailer tongue at all. Is there a shear key in there somewhere that can be replaced or does the whole jack have to come off and a new one welded on?

Thanks,

Marc
Old 05-04-2015, 03:23 PM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Similar thing happened on one of my trailers, removed the top cap and there was a 4mm X 25mm roll pin that snapped. easy to replace.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:51 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Like Lee said, pull the top cap and clean out the grease so you can see everything. There are 2 gears in there. They could be broken or the roll pin may be broken. If the gears are broken you should be able to get them from the manufacturer. While your in there take it the rest of the way apart and grease the screw that raises it up or down.
Old 05-11-2015, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I had the same problem, gears were chewed up. A new jack was $70-100, replacement miter gear kit with dowel, spacer, and roll pin was $15 and 20 minutes. Mine is a Dutton Lainson and they even had a repair video on their website.