Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
2011 Ford F-250 Long Term Review Update, Not Good >

2011 Ford F-250 Long Term Review Update, Not Good

Notices

2011 Ford F-250 Long Term Review Update, Not Good

Old 08-06-2015, 05:48 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts
Default 2011 Ford F-250 Long Term Review Update, Not Good

[ATTACH=CONFIG]543938[/ATTACH]My 2011 Ford F-250 6.7 Powerstroke now has 84000 miles on it. The miles are easy compared to most users as it was my daily driver, used on farm duties, to tow my Nautique and DCB several times a year. The power, driveability, and creature comforts have been good. There are all kinds of positives on lots of areas of the truck, but it appears that Fords durability issues continue in the new generation medium duty trucks. I had an 2004 PSD that could never stay out of the service bay and a 2006 that was problem free to 86K when I traded to this truck. I was excited about Fords new engine, etc and believed they would clean up their issues. The only disturbing initial issue was the "death wobble" that was pretty much cured with the addition of rear air bags.
In the last several months, the EGT sensors had to be replaced, then the EGR cooler went out and had to be replaced, then the radiator started leaking and had to be replaced, now the A/C evaporative cooler went bad and has to be replaced(2K job because the ENTIRE Dash and steering column have to be removed to replace this sub $100 part) The front end is starting to loosen up.
I know things will happen to all machinery, but I wanted to inform all OSO members of my experience so they can factor this in to their choice of trucks. I have been burned by Ford twice and I think that's gonna be the end of it for Ford with me.
My dealership guys are really good people and did not charge me for the diagnosis of the AC issue. They also did not give me a ticket which makes me wonder if this is a way of Ford hiding numbers of defects found.
Also the truck keeps on flipping upside down!
Attached Thumbnails 2011 Ford F-250 Long Term Review Update, Not Good-image-19-.jpg  

Last edited by SkiDoc; 08-06-2015 at 06:02 AM.
Old 08-06-2015, 06:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a 2011 F-250 and the AC died on me. I was told the $2K number also. It also had a coolant leak that was coming from under the Turbo. I then figured it was time to trade. Got a new 2014 because the 2015 was$5k more for same truck with only a motor that had more HP and torque. I had never felt short on power with the old truck so figured the $5k was not worth it. They offered me a full 100K bumper to bumper warranty with a free rental car for $1,500. After seeing the costs to fix the AC and did not know what the cost would have been to fix the coolant leak I though that was a good deal.

New truck has 25K on it now and AC is giving me fits again. This time I think the problem may be the controller and not a Freon leak.

Last edited by Turbojack; 08-06-2015 at 06:08 AM.
Old 08-06-2015, 07:42 AM
Registered

Received 743 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by SkiDoc
[ATTACH=CONFIG]543938[/ATTACH]My 2011 Ford F-250 6.7 Powerstroke now has 84000 miles on it. The miles are easy compared to most users as it was my daily driver, used on farm duties, to tow my Nautique and DCB several times a year. The power, driveability, and creature comforts have been good. There are all kinds of positives on lots of areas of the truck, but it appears that Fords durability issues continue in the new generation medium duty trucks. I had an 2004 PSD that could never stay out of the service bay and a 2006 that was problem free to 86K when I traded to this truck. I was excited about Fords new engine, etc and believed they would clean up their issues. The only disturbing initial issue was the "death wobble" that was pretty much cured with the addition of rear air bags.
In the last several months, the EGT sensors had to be replaced, then the EGR cooler went out and had to be replaced, then the radiator started leaking and had to be replaced, now the A/C evaporative cooler went bad and has to be replaced(2K job because the ENTIRE Dash and steering column have to be removed to replace this sub $100 part) The front end is starting to loosen up.
I know things will happen to all machinery, but I wanted to inform all OSO members of my experience so they can factor this in to their choice of trucks. I have been burned by Ford twice and I think that's gonna be the end of it for Ford with me.
My dealership guys are really good people and did not charge me for the diagnosis of the AC issue. They also did not give me a ticket which makes me wonder if this is a way of Ford hiding numbers of defects found.
Also the truck keeps on flipping upside down!
You have to shake your head at the design of some of the interior items. I had a $40 blend door motor go out for the dual climate control on my 2010 F-150. $1,000 repair as the entire dash had to be pulled out.
Old 08-06-2015, 07:53 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like you're upside down in that truck..
Old 08-06-2015, 08:00 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 591 Likes on 271 Posts

[ATTACH=CONFIG]543941[/ATTACH]

My AC works Great
And no FORD power to worry about.
Attached Thumbnails 2011 Ford F-250 Long Term Review Update, Not Good-650-2.jpg  
Old 08-06-2015, 10:39 AM
Registered

Received 1,324 Likes on 739 Posts

Funny we have 4-5 off these at our work both F250 SRW and F350 DWR trucks. Not sure if the years.

All driven by younger guys pulling goose neck 12k plus trailers and beat on. I asked the owner the other day when we were going to GA if there has been any issues,,,,,,, not one.

Makes you wonder what the heck.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Jake
Looks like you're upside down in that truck..
I like it!
Old 08-06-2015, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

I have a 2012 with 66k commuter miles (80 round trip) No issues as of yet. My coolant light came on and I asked dealer to check for leak, as I read a lot of issues on it. They supposedly pressure tested and called me back with $1500 to replace. I didnt have ext warranty so I put it off, bought an platinum extented warranty and now 7000 miles later and coolant hasnt moved in overflow tank at all.

Needless to say I'll miss the cute cashier, but not going back to that dealer!!
Old 08-07-2015, 08:58 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I wonder if this one has any cooling problems:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=63&v=3XEG4FfmK7s
Old 08-07-2015, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Rides like it's on air and no Ford power. Cat C7 best

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.