Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
400ss Formula on a gooseneck trailer from Cleveland to Miami? >

400ss Formula on a gooseneck trailer from Cleveland to Miami?

Notices

400ss Formula on a gooseneck trailer from Cleveland to Miami?

Old 09-22-2015, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 157 Likes on 70 Posts

Wide load permits
Old 09-22-2015, 10:50 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last edited by troper; 09-22-2015 at 10:53 AM. Reason: forgot quote
Old 09-22-2015, 10:53 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
U WILL regret U -Ship....
I have to disagree. There are a lot of Legal transporters on Uship. If you hire someone with just a pickup and no insurance then it's your own fault for not checking.
Old 09-22-2015, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Thought width was what the permits would be for. Thanks for the info
Old 09-22-2015, 01:08 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by endeavor1
Thought width was what the permits would be for. Thanks for the info
There's also other things that DOT will look at, and may require permits depending on the state, beyond width when it comes to "legal" dimensions in the typical boat on a trailer scenario. Most states have a limit on overall length of the truck and trailer combined and also rear overhang........how much hangs back behind the trailer tail lights..........among others. You may not get specifically pulled over for them (although it does happen) but if you do get pulled over and any of it looks questionable the tape measure usually comes out in an attempt to generate some revenue. Florida is one state that seems to really pay attention to the overall length and Connecticut writes fines for rear overhang.
Old 09-22-2015, 03:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The permits are around $400 to get it to Florida. Not sure why some on here are implying there a lot. Also the uship companies are no different than any other transporter looking for leads on hauls. As long as the have insurance and have positive reviews Im sure I'll be fine. If not thats what insurance is for...
Old 09-22-2015, 04:57 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

BTW, I didn't mean to hijack the thread into a discussion on the ins and outs of oversize permits for boats transport nor do I think any of the stuff I brought up applies to this job. I was just mentioning that stuff for informational purposes. Sorry for the hijack.

I'd second the idea that permits aren't really a big cost for this job................I had figured $360.
Thanks, Pat
Old 09-22-2015, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Bromaguire
The permits are around $400 to get it to Florida. Not sure why some on here are implying there a lot. Also the uship companies are no different than any other transporter looking for leads on hauls. As long as the have insurance and have positive reviews Im sure I'll be fine. If not thats what insurance is for...
Stacey at Wakezone had a thread that mentioned if the boat was damaged in shipping and wasn't permitted properly, the insurance company has the right to not pay the claim! Ouch......hard lesson