Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts
Default Anybody own a Ferrari?

What year & model do you have? Pics.?
Old 03-13-2016, 10:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lucky strike
What year & model do you have? Pics.?
Not many up north here, some of the guys have them, but most of us like our Maserati's, (engine's are made by Farrari). Here's mine does 0 to 60 in 5.2 sec. and will top out at 185 mph [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
Old 03-14-2016, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by RWS Cigarette
Not many up north here, some of the guys have them, but most of us like our Maserati's, (engine's are made by Farrari). Here's mine does 0 to 60 in 5.2 sec. and will top out at 185 mph
My buddy had one of the early Q-porte's......Bought it used, 30K off MSRP (he thinks he stole it that is until he traded it). Kept it about 15 months, had it towed at least a dozen times. He loved the car, the car loved the mechanic! He is an attorney, got tired of the valet guy running back to him (key in hand) and saying "Sir your car won't start"..........Traded it for a Platinum F150. When I asked why, he said he just wanted something that would run and have some resale!
Old 03-14-2016, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want one, but I fear the maintenance would eat me alive. I enjoy working on my own stuff, but even still, ferrari parts aren't cheap.
Old 03-14-2016, 09:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by racinfast002
I want one, but I fear the maintenance would eat me alive. I enjoy working on my own stuff, but even still, ferrari parts aren't cheap.
I' have a 81 308 for years & I'm almost done restoring a 1987 328 to sell.
There is a place called Ferrparts that I bought everything I've needed for both cars very reasonably.
T Ruttlands is another parts place.
These two models are very simple & reliable to own. Read upon them and you'll see.
Old 03-14-2016, 10:36 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by racinfast002
From what I inderstand, folks who buy these types of hotrods (Italian exotics) want "paper" on all the service from authorized mechanics. If you do your own work, it makes them harder to sell and less desirable than cars maintained by certified mechanics.

The PM is intense and expensive.
Old 03-14-2016, 01:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This purchase is about Sex. And when sex is good. It is not Predictable, Boring, Dependable, and it sure ain't Affordable. When you buy, say a QP, you have to be ready for a relationship. There is "you" and there is "her." Yeah, it is a she. A Sleek, long bodied, quick tempered hot Italian babe who just wants to have fun. Seeing her for the first time, is like meeting a hooker at a bar in Vegas. You get all excited in anticipation of what she might do. And then get hooked after she does it. After all you ain't sitting there all bugged eyed 'cause your thinking about the wife and kids. Nah, this is all about you. Why not? you work hard, you deserve a little fun. So you pay her price. Oh, that first encounter was so good. She didn't miss a trick. She turned over smoothly and then moaned loudly. Then she quickly got down to business. She twisted and turned and gave you a thrill. You in turn drove her hard. But in your heart you knew she had more to give. Next time, yes there would be a next time. You were committed. You knew you could maker her yours. When you were away from her, she was always on your mind. A preoccupation, now, firmly in your head. You get a lot of looks with her, when you take her out, so you begin to take her places to show her off. She doesn't disappoint. Now she's an obsession. You feel great when you are with her. She has invigorated you. Life is good... She is so beautiful, she is so fast and she likes it when you turn her on. How quickly, affection blooms. You spend your nights with her, out. During the day, you spend your time bathing her gorgeous body. Rubbing her. But there is something wrong. The more attention you give her, the worse she seems to treat you. She nags you with little problems. She taunts you, with little cryptic messages you don't understand. And in public, she even embarrasses you. When you try to stop her, she squeals to high heaven. You become frustrated. But then things suddenly calm down. After one or two good experiences out with her, you soon rationalize that the problems are behind you both. Yes, you really were meant for each other. So, now you start throwing money at her, new shoes, expensive manicures and makeovers. But the more you do for her, the more she wants. Costly saloons, special attendants, it's getting expensive. Now the wife wants to know what's going on. You start seeking advice from your buddies. You spend hours on those internet chat forums looking for help. Sadly, you are convinced she has taken you for a ride. You meet others who have been equally jilted by the likes of her. What's it all about? Everyone is stricken. They share their stories, each one tops the other...are they all mad? This makes absolutely no sense. And this is when you realize, she's not just a car. Your head over heels in a relationship you can't figure out. And there seems to be no hope. But there is one thing you do know, you wouldn't trade it for anything else, cause anything else is just a car.

Last edited by RWS Cigarette; 03-14-2016 at 02:12 PM.
Old 03-14-2016, 04:05 PM
Registered

You hit the nail on the head!
Old 03-14-2016, 08:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RWS Cigarette
This purchase is about Sex. And when sex is good. It is not Predictable, Boring, Dependable, and it sure ain't Affordable. When you buy, say a QP, you have to be ready for a relationship. There is "you" and there is "her." Yeah, it is a she. A Sleek, long bodied, quick tempered hot Italian babe who just wants to have fun. Seeing her for the first time, is like meeting a hooker at a bar in Vegas. You get all excited in anticipation of what she might do. And then get hooked after she does it. After all you ain't sitting there all bugged eyed 'cause your thinking about the wife and kids. Nah, this is all about you. Why not? you work hard, you deserve a little fun. So you pay her price. Oh, that first encounter was so good. She didn't miss a trick. She turned over smoothly and then moaned loudly. Then she quickly got down to business. She twisted and turned and gave you a thrill. You in turn drove her hard. But in your heart you knew she had more to give. Next time, yes there would be a next time. You were committed. You knew you could maker her yours. When you were away from her, she was always on your mind. A preoccupation, now, firmly in your head. You get a lot of looks with her, when you take her out, so you begin to take her places to show her off. She doesn't disappoint. Now she's an obsession. You feel great when you are with her. She has invigorated you. Life is good... She is so beautiful, she is so fast and she likes it when you turn her on. How quickly, affection blooms. You spend your nights with her, out. During the day, you spend your time bathing her gorgeous body. Rubbing her. But there is something wrong. The more attention you give her, the worse she seems to treat you. She nags you with little problems. She taunts you, with little cryptic messages you don't understand. And in public, she even embarrasses you. When you try to stop her, she squeals to high heaven. You become frustrated. But then things suddenly calm down. After one or two good experiences out with her, you soon rationalize that the problems are behind you both. Yes, you really were meant for each other. So, now you start throwing money at her, new shoes, expensive manicures and makeovers. But the more you do for her, the more she wants. Costly saloons, special attendants, it's getting expensive. Now the wife wants to know what's going on. You start seeking advice from your buddies. You spend hours on those internet chat forums looking for help. Sadly, you are convinced she has taken you for a ride. You meet others who have been equally jilted by the likes of her. What's it all about? Everyone is stricken. They share their stories, each one tops the other...are they all mad? This makes absolutely no sense. And this is when you realize, she's not just a car. Your head over heels in a relationship you can't figure out. And there seems to be no hope. But there is one thing you do know, you wouldn't trade it for anything else, cause anything else is just a car.
Now tell me you're the original author on this! Well said!
Old 03-18-2016, 05:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 151 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by 509 SC
Now tell me you're the original author on this! Well said!
He is!!!........author & client!.........don't ask me how I know ... we're asked not to divulge that LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.