Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Manning trailers 40 foot and up, who all has one or had one??? >

Manning trailers 40 foot and up, who all has one or had one???

Notices

Manning trailers 40 foot and up, who all has one or had one???

Old 04-27-2016, 12:06 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Manning trailers 40 foot and up, who all has one or had one???

Who has had a manning steel trailer or has a manning under their boat that is 40 feet or better?
How has it done for you?
Did you buy it new?
How old is it?
Any age issues with the trailers that anyone has had?
Any steel trailer frame/structure issues with anyone?
TIA
Old 04-27-2016, 05:24 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 592 Likes on 272 Posts

I have one under my TopGun. Bought new in 08 I think.. Not had any issues. Lost bearings in a hub last year. Had all bearings and brakes replaced. Have not noticed any structural issues. Still has the original carpet on bunks. I keep in a warehouse when not on road. Toolbox I had them put on was Junk I will say. Just put a new one on from Chrome Shop Mafia.
Of course its not a Myco but I am very satisfied.
Old 04-27-2016, 06:29 AM
dcb
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I purchased one for my Top Gun in August of 2014 - yep toolbox is junk, but trailer is made very well. I priced a Myco out at the same time and could not justify the 8k more for a C channel trailer. EOH brakes all wheels, drive guard, spare etc. Been a great trailer.
Old 04-27-2016, 06:33 AM
dcb
Registered
Platinum Member

[ATTACH=CONFIG]554759[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]554760[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Manning trailers 40 foot and up, who all has one or had one???-2.jpg   Manning trailers 40 foot and up, who all has one or had one???-photo.jpg  
Old 04-27-2016, 07:01 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Any info you can shed about working with Manning on the build process, after sale support, etc would be great. Making a buying decision too.
Old 04-27-2016, 08:38 AM
dcb
Registered
Platinum Member

I actually traded my old trailer in - they picked it up when they delivered my new trailer - build process was very easy. They sent me pictures as the trailer was being built. I was a little concerned as they were slow in sending me a check for the agreed amount on the trailer. (I paid the bill in full prior to delivery). But the check did come and we have been very happy with our purchase. We have not needed any after sale support as we have had no problems!
Old 04-27-2016, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a 2007 Manning under my 288 Sunsation. Granted it's not a 40+ foot trailer, but I put a LOT of miles on it, and it was flawless. I would buy one again without a doubt.
Old 04-27-2016, 08:55 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Shoot a PM to sommerfliesby here on OSO. He's got one under his 37AT, welded, aluminum. I know he's happy with it. Good luck with your decision. Ron builds great trailers.

My advice:
-Source your own wheels and tires. There are tons of great choices out there once you settle on axles, capacities, and bolt pattern; many with free shipping. (Check eBay before you click buy anywhere else.)
-Make sure you get the grey rubber/silicone "dock bumpers" for your Bow Stop.
-And of course, EoH brakes, the more axles the better.

Also, check out Revolution Trailers. There is a thread on here about NASCAT's build under his big CC. He also went with some crazy heavy duty trailer tires. Personally, I am fan of using LT E-rated truck tires.
Old 04-27-2016, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Love my Manning...second one I've owned, as I had a steel one under my 29 Powerquest. Working with them could not have been easier, and they delivered AHEAD of schedule. I've been through some bearings, but I do tend to tow all over the damn place...
Old 04-27-2016, 09:51 AM
Registered

Received 157 Likes on 70 Posts

My good friend had one built for his 400ss. The trailer is a monster and pulls the boat great. I think they're just as good as a myco.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]554765[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Manning trailers 40 foot and up, who all has one or had one???-image.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.