Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Anyone have the inside scoop on the 2017 Duramax? >

Anyone have the inside scoop on the 2017 Duramax?

Notices

Anyone have the inside scoop on the 2017 Duramax?

Old 07-12-2016, 01:31 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by ROB FREEMAN
barly broke in >..
got that but realize the fuel expense had already cost me $39,000......I was ready to move on!
Old 07-14-2016, 10:49 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 78 Likes on 37 Posts

I can get no confirmation of GM changing the warranty coverage on the D-Max for '17.

Neither my rep nor his boss claim any knowledge of the warranty being shortened in either time or mileage & I believe them. IE. If there is a change coming, they don't know about it.

I could be wrong, but here's my thought process on why I believe them:

The manufacturer's are about selling product "now". If there was a warranty change coming to the next model year, that would be a huge selling point for current model year product and they'd be pushing that fact.

My memory is as short as my attention span, but if I remember correctly, the last time they announced the warranty was changing they announced it in March? April? to help clear out the remaining product on the ground.

I have been told the HD's are getting a functional ram air hood for 17

And, for those who have been asking, I'm told the 6.2 won't be offered in the HD for 17, the gas engine will continue to be the 6.0

I personally think this is good news. The 6.2 is a way cool package, but availability of the 6.2 in our 1500's is already terrible .It's literally a case of "yes, technically it's available, but to get allocation you have to scratch off a winning lotto ticket while falling down a flight of stairs on the 29th of Feb." Mathematically possible ? Certainly. Probable ? Let me get back to you on that one ….

If the 6.2 pie was split into even smaller pieces, it would make a bad situation worse.

1. Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Old 07-17-2016, 09:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just picked up another 2016 the other day and asked the dealer about the 17's...and they had no clue. Their service manager however mentioned a fuel system change to even higher rail pressures with new higher voltage injectors and he also mentioned a rear axle change to a 12" ring gear. I haven't been able to confirm any of this take it for what its worth.

I love my 16 though. It absolutely walks all over my older duramax and powestroke.
Old 07-19-2016, 03:34 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Slippery
I can get no confirmation of GM changing the warranty coverage on the D-Max for '17.
Interesting. I see they already made the changes to other trucks in '16 to 5/60k, but the Dmax has remained unchanged at 5/100k. I didn't realize that when the announcement to reduce powertrain warranty was made a couple years ago that the dmax HD's would not be affected. It wasn't very clear, obviously....at least to me.
Old 07-19-2016, 03:52 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I hate this stupid thread.

Now I'm getting this contagious itch too.

I've been looking at GMC Sierra Denali 3500HDs online for two days now...
...and (GASP)...
SRW at that!!
Old 07-19-2016, 06:14 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
I hate this stupid thread.

Now I'm getting this contagious itch too.

I've been looking at GMC Sierra Denali 3500HDs online for two days now...
...and (GASP)...
SRW at that!!
Lol I just can't believe YOU are looking at the SRW...
Old 07-19-2016, 06:40 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Scagburner
Lol I just can't believe YOU are looking at the SRW...
I've been studying the 'contact patch' on my "SRW" Lincoln with a protractor and a calculator with 157 buttons...
...and I think it's the same as my dually.
I may be a convert. Kevin got to me.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All of the cool kids around here are buying 3500HD CCSB SRW's in High Country/ Denali trim. Good deals to be had right now. Very good deals.
Old 07-19-2016, 08:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I heard from my knowledgeable fellow GM freak friend the other day that 2/3rd week in August orders for HD's will start to be accepted... If so news is around the corner I would think.
He also said a new direct injected V8 in the 420 horse range

Usually the Texas state fair is a launch for all of the big3

I am ordering a 2500 Denali DMax as soon as I can being that I just bought another boat last week.
I am no longer boatless
Old 07-19-2016, 08:40 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Originally Posted by KevD815
All of the cool kids around here are buying 3500HD CCSB SRW's in High Country/ Denali trim. Good deals to be had right now. Very good deals.
Is the High Country the Chevy level package that lets you get the dark red/burgundy leather interior? I saw it on a truck recently, very briefly and it looked really, sharp. Some folks were not a fan of the red interior in the late 90s' trucks, but I was. A white Chevy with red interior is an instant throwback to the original 1953 Corvette available in only those colors.

I can't stand a black/charcoal interior which is why the Dodge is out automatically. Their high end "Limited" package only comes in black.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 07-19-2016 at 08:43 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.