Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
'17 Superduty who gets one first. >

'17 Superduty who gets one first.

Notices

'17 Superduty who gets one first.

Old 10-27-2016, 08:09 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Saw my first one on the road yesterday.
Old 10-27-2016, 10:26 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My cousin got his a month ago. We have prolly 10 in stock now!
Old 11-02-2016, 07:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Something that just came to my attention a few weeks ago: the long bed trucks now have a 4" longer wheelbase. They slid the rear axle back, all varieties of long bed trucks; regardless of cab and SRW/DRW configs.

It definitely looks different, maybe even a little "off".
I'm curious about three things for those of you guys in the know:

1) WHY exactly did they do this?
2) How is city driveability? Does the longer wheelbase hurt turning and maneuverability? (I have not dug up turning radius specs yet.)
3) How it towing with the longer wheel base? Longer wheel bases typically
4) Where do you put the center of the 5th wheel/Gooseneck hitch now? Do you center it in the bed, or put it directly over the rear axle?

Sydwayz did you figure it out yet? Cab got 4" bigger.
Old 11-03-2016, 08:40 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,172 Likes on 511 Posts

Originally Posted by D2HP
Sydwayz did you figure it out yet? Cab got 4" bigger.
Yes, but why did that affect the axle placement? So they can weight distribute fat passengers in the backseat?
Old 11-03-2016, 09:50 AM
Registered

They might be trying to fix the bucking sensation you get on certain roads with cclb trucks. Its a common complaint and will drive you nuts! Seems to only happen on concrete highways. From what I read the older wheel base trucks and the way concrete highways are poured, distance between pads, would cause the trucks to buck at highway speeds. My personal truck, 2011 cclb dually, will do it and its bad. I have had others complain about it too. Obviously a longer wheel base will drive better and tow better but I wonder if the bucking sensation will be fixed.
Old 11-03-2016, 10:20 AM
ben
Registered

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by tsatrooper1
They might be trying to fix the bucking sensation you get on certain roads with cclb trucks. Its a common complaint and will drive you nuts! Seems to only happen on concrete highways. From what I read the older wheel base trucks and the way concrete highways are poured, distance between pads, would cause the trucks to buck at highway speeds. My personal truck, 2011 cclb dually, will do it and its bad. I have had others complain about it too. Obviously a longer wheel base will drive better and tow better but I wonder if the bucking sensation will be fixed.
Lets hope they fix that, I drive a RCLB F350 for work sometimes and it is an absolute nightmare to drive on a concrete highway unless you have12k+ lbs behind it.
Old 11-03-2016, 12:10 PM
Registered

Same with my PSD Excursion on those damn highways. Enough to make you sick. I don't think the movement of the axle 4" is enough to fix it. Suspect there is another reason for the move.

Looking a brand new RCLB F150 across the street right now, and it appears longer there too. Reduces the distance from the hitch to the rear axle, by +/- 10%, which could be much bigger effect than stretching the wheelbase.
Old 11-03-2016, 12:13 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,172 Likes on 511 Posts

The front wheel/axle looks to be moved forward a bit too.
Old 11-03-2016, 02:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ben
Lets hope they fix that, I drive a RCLB F350 for work sometimes and it is an absolute nightmare to drive on a concrete highway unless you have12k+ lbs behind it.
I fixed it on mine :-)))
Old 04-17-2017, 03:19 PM
Registered

I've put 10500mi on my 17 350 platinum ultra SW SB and freaking love it!! What a beast!!
Attached Thumbnails '17 Superduty who gets one first.-img_5209.jpg   '17 Superduty who gets one first.-img_5273.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.