Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
poor oil pressure being found on new superduty diesl >

poor oil pressure being found on new superduty diesl

Notices

poor oil pressure being found on new superduty diesl

Old 01-21-2017, 07:33 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
S,
I narrowed my new truck choices down to either a new GMC 3500 Denali 4x4 CC LB DRW, or a Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4 LB DRW, and the Ram that I ended up with came with a Life time power train warranty, which kinda sealed the deal for me. And I have driven Cosker's new Denali, and it is a real nice truck, probably rides a little better than my Ram....
ironically the powertrain is about the only thing that won't fail on the Ram!

I am still shocked how quiet the new diesels are and GM is reporting the 2017 is 30% quieter than the 2016. Not sure Cummins cares about that game
Old 01-21-2017, 07:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by halfgassed
After shying away from gm trucks for a few years I finally fell in love with the 2016/17 body style, almost more than the newer rams. We were about to test drive a new duramax when I asked the salesman "what the hell is that hanging from the passenger side , lower than the frame rails?" he told me that was the def tank. We laughed!, handed him the keys back, and bought a Cummins 2 days later. Sorry but I'd like to have enough clearance to drive over a curb without ripping off the def tank. GM gets a big fail for that design, and I'm a huge gm guy.
That tank absolutely ruins those trucks. The engineer(s) that designed that should be ashamed of themselves.
Old 01-21-2017, 08:08 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I work at a Chevy/GMC dealer and bought a Ram with the lifetime warranty...
Old 01-21-2017, 09:13 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by THACAMAROKID69
I work at a Chevy/GMC dealer and bought a Ram with the lifetime warranty...
Curious, I really like the Duramax/ Allison combination seems pretty bulletproof to me can you enlighten me why you didn't buy GM product? Thanks
Old 01-21-2017, 09:21 AM
Registered

Received 1,323 Likes on 739 Posts

So I asked about the def fluid we use. Pretty much where ever the guys are at they buy it, Walmart, gas station not picky.

I was told that they would have several containers in the back of the truck with just a little in them and they throw them out. Apparently the stuff is light sensitive so it goes bad sitting in the sun.

Anyway, no issues but again these are trucks driven by young guys that always have fifth wheel trailers on them and driven like the stole them. Several close and over 100k.
Old 01-21-2017, 10:06 AM
Registered

The dealership I work for has a Ford store 2 blocks down the road and the Chrysler dealer is next door. I worked at the Chrysler store first, then moved to the GM store. Both are great products, I would hesitate to buy either one, but being able to buy a bumper to bumper warranty for the life of the vehicle and reimbursement for what they call "trip interruption" on the Ram made the difference. If your out of town, and the vehicle breaks down you can submit rental and hotel receipts and they reimburse you for the inconvience.

I've had the truck for 2 years in feb, and I already put 40k miles on it. Haven't had any issues other than my USB plug stopped working last week. The only thing I've seen with either truck are the odd electrical bugs with the radios and electrical systems. Which is why I like base modules with a couple upgrades, less things to break. The more upgrades, the more systems and the more wiring you have to deal with. I guess the two big things with either one is make sure you have a dealership with a good diesel mechanic and the dealership, and get a good warranty whether you drive it a lot or not. The truck sitting can be just as bad as putting a lot of miles on it.
Old 01-21-2017, 12:32 PM
Registered

Received 127 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Argh, You're killing me Smalls. (*plural)

Are y'all saying there really is no seat of the pants comfort difference between daily unloaded driving between a CC LB DRW and a CC LB SRW?

I have to imagine there is SOMETHING better in the SRW given the lesser amounts of rotating mass; due to the SRW having all aluminum wheels, and the DRW having steel adapters on the front axle and steel inner wheels with additional rubber on the rear; as well as the additional sidewall rigidity of the DRW setup.
The biggest difference between the 2008 i had and 2015 I have now is the rear suspension on the 2015 they added an overload leaf and sway bar. My 2008 used to ride like a dream with some weight in the back. The 2015 rides like absolute crap no matter what. I had a 2000lbs pallet load in the 2015 and had to be real careful coming in and out of parking lots as the rear was so stiff it wants to pitch the top of the pallet over the bed sides. The weight also smoothed nothing. The frost heaves on our Michigan roads actually made the load bounce off of the bed surface a few times.

This whole horsepower race is great, but taking an f250 to have the capacity of the f450 is rediculous. Ruined a crappy truck even more.

Every f250 I have driven rides like crap. For some reason every f350 I have driven seems to ride decent, especially DDRW. Why I haven't studied much because I get assigned a Ford at work, but spend my salary on a Chevy.

Now I would buy a Dodge in a heartbeat over a Ford. Had good experiences with them before. Chevy just better fit, finish, and comfort.
Old 01-21-2017, 01:06 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by THACAMAROKID69
The dealership I work for has a Ford store 2 blocks down the road and the Chrysler dealer is next door. I worked at the Chrysler store first, then moved to the GM store. Both are great products, I would hesitate to buy either one, but being able to buy a bumper to bumper warranty for the life of the vehicle and reimbursement for what they call "trip interruption" on the Ram made the difference. If your out of town, and the vehicle breaks down you can submit rental and hotel receipts and they reimburse you for the inconvience.

I've had the truck for 2 years in feb, and I already put 40k miles on it. Haven't had any issues other than my USB plug stopped working last week. The only thing I've seen with either truck are the odd electrical bugs with the radios and electrical systems. Which is why I like base modules with a couple upgrades, less things to break. The more upgrades, the more systems and the more wiring you have to deal with. I guess the two big things with either one is make sure you have a dealership with a good diesel mechanic and the dealership, and get a good warranty whether you drive it a lot or not. The truck sitting can be just as bad as putting a lot of miles on it.
Which dealer family? I'm 90 miles away.
Old 01-21-2017, 01:55 PM
Registered

Ourisman in Alexandria
Old 01-22-2017, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

I agree that the DEF tank on the Chevy is super ugly and a bad design. But as stated earlier, the step bar hides it pretty well. After my 1st week with my new 2016 Duramax 2500, I totally love it. It rides so nice and is so quiet. You don't hear the diesel noise at all. Very comfortable truck and well made.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.